Drink driver arrested for being almost three times the legal limit
- Credit: Archant
A drink driver was arrested for being almost three times the legal limit.
Officers from the East Cambs Special Constabulary responded to reports from the East of England Ambulance Service of a possible drink driver in Cambridge city centre.
On arrival they were provided with a roadside breath test by the driver who failed with a reading of 95. They were arrested and taken to custody.
The driver later in custody provided another reading which still brought them over the legal limit.
"Therefore, they were further detained to be processed further," said a police spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
Special Constables, who responded to this, are volunteer officers.
Anyone who is interested in joining the Special Constabulary, or would like to know more information, can find more information at www.cambs.police.uk/apply/Jobs/Specials
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation