Eight female cyclists’ bags snatched by men on mopeds within nine hours
- Credit: Archant
Eight women cycling through Cambridge city centre reportedly had their bags snatched by two men riding a moped within just nine hours.
Officers have released CCTV images of two men they would like to speak to following the series of robberies in Cambridge City Centre last Wednesday (July 17).
In some cases, the victims were reportedly pushed to the ground, causing minor injuries.
DS Jo Grant said: "Please be vigilant when cycling alone and make sure that your personal belongings are secure.
"Devices such as anti-theft or personal attack alarms can help to deter thieves while also alerting others to the incident."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who knows who these men are, or anybody who witnessed the incidents take place should call police on 101 quoting incident: 35/50838/19 or report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning