Chef to host charity cookalong
- Credit: SUPPLIED
A Cambridge chef is hosting a charity cookalong in aid of Red Nose Day this Friday (March 19).
Tristan Welch will host a virtual charity cook-along with all proceeds going to Streetsmart and Comic Relief. The live cook-along will take place at 7pm.
Those taking part will cook alongside Tristan - who is chef director of Parker’s Tavern, part of the hotel University Arms, Cambridge.
He will share his tips and tricks, all while raising money for both charities.
Attendees can sign up online.
They will then receive a step by step recipe, with ingredients for their chosen risotto in the confirmation.
There is a suggested donation of £10 and the money raised will be split between the two charities.
StreetSmart was established in 1998 and since then has raised over £10 million for homeless and vulnerable people across the UK.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 4 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 5 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 6 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 7 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 8 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 9 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 10 Combined Authority in freefall: how on earth did we get to this?
Comic Relief, whose mission is to support vulenerable people in the UK and internationally, has been tackling poverty since 1985.