Cambridge Bomb Scare Closes Road.
SPECIALIST bomb disposal officers have been called to deal with a number of suspect devices discovered by police at a property in Cambridgeshire. Officers from the EOD (Explosive Ordinance Disposal) were called to the house in Madingley Road in Coton afte
SPECIALIST bomb disposal officers have been called to deal with a number of suspect devices discovered by police at a property in Cambridgeshire.
Officers from the EOD (Explosive Ordinance Disposal) were called to the house in Madingley Road in Coton after police unearthed a number of suspect packages whilst executing an early morning warrant.
A police spokesperson said: "The warrant was executed at around 8.15am at a property in Madingley Road, Coton and a number of suspicious devices were discovered and the EOD were called to the scene.
"Two 51 year-old men from the Cambridge area were arrested during the operation and they are being held in custody at Parkside Police Station
You may also want to watch:
As a result of the discovery police have opted to close a stretch of the A1303 between Madingley Mulch roundabout at the junction with the A428 and the bottom of Madingley Hill at the junction with Cambridge Road. Police have also advised commuters who use the road to find an alternative route home, with the closure expected to last a number of hours.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 8 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 9 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 10 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?