Cambridge Bomb Scare Closes Road.
SPECIALIST bomb disposal officers have been called to deal with a number of suspect devices discovered by police at a property in Cambridgeshire. Officers from the EOD (Explosive Ordinance Disposal) were called to the house in Madingley Road in Coton afte
SPECIALIST bomb disposal officers have been called to deal with a number of suspect devices discovered by police at a property in Cambridgeshire.
Officers from the EOD (Explosive Ordinance Disposal) were called to the house in Madingley Road in Coton after police unearthed a number of suspect packages whilst executing an early morning warrant.
A police spokesperson said: "The warrant was executed at around 8.15am at a property in Madingley Road, Coton and a number of suspicious devices were discovered and the EOD were called to the scene.
"Two 51 year-old men from the Cambridge area were arrested during the operation and they are being held in custody at Parkside Police Station
You may also want to watch:
As a result of the discovery police have opted to close a stretch of the A1303 between Madingley Mulch roundabout at the junction with the A428 and the bottom of Madingley Hill at the junction with Cambridge Road. Police have also advised commuters who use the road to find an alternative route home, with the closure expected to last a number of hours.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 6 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 7 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 8 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 City runners out to go extra mile for charity cash