Cambridge artists unite to support new Arthur Rank Hospice Charity
- Credit: Archant
Around 300 members of Cambridge Open Studios are pulling together to make “every moment count” in aid of the new Arthur Rank Hospice.
Participating artists will create their own interpretations of a heart in their chosen medium in support of the “Love your new hospice appeal” – which still needs to raise just over £2m.
With a huge range of specialisms including fine art, photography, pottery, glass making, sculpture, illustration, textiles, jewellery, furniture making and more, there’s enormous choice available say organisers.
The new hospice will replace the current Mill Road site, providing more spacious and better equipped facilities for the palliative care of adults in Cambridgeshire.
The cost of the new hospice is £10.5 million. So far, £8.158 million has been raised and it is hoped that the money raised by the Cambridge Open Studios artists will help close the gap.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridge Open Studios 2016 will be open to the public from July 9 to 10, 16 to 17 and 23 to 24.
Members of public are invited to meet artists in their own studios, discover their techniques and inspirations, and see their unique work up close and personal – all for free.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success