Callum hosts Downing Street reception for Liam Fairhurst Foundation
- Credit: Archant
SOHAM fundraiser Callum Fairhurst held a reception at Downing Street this week to promote the work of the Liam Fairhurst Foundation.
Hosted by Chancellor George Osborne, the reception saw more than 100 people attend to hear about the work Callum and the foundation have been doing for young people with disabilities and life-limiting illnesses.
Callum, 16, also took the opportunity to thank supporters of the charity, which was set up in memory of his brother Liam in 2011.
Himself a prolific fundraiser, Liam collected more than £340,000 for charity before his death in 2009.
At the start of the month, Callum and three friends cycled raised more than £4,000 for the charity by cycling 800 miles across the country.
You may also want to watch:
Callum was joined by David and Nick Culley and Rod Garnham as they set off from Cambridge and their tour of the country ended at Weatheralls Primary School.
Among the towns and cities the group visited on their trek were Peterborough, Ipswich, Colchester, Reading and Norwich.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
For more information on the challenge visit www.chainsforchange.co.uk