Callum hosts Downing Street reception for Liam Fairhurst Foundation
- Credit: Archant
SOHAM fundraiser Callum Fairhurst held a reception at Downing Street this week to promote the work of the Liam Fairhurst Foundation.
Hosted by Chancellor George Osborne, the reception saw more than 100 people attend to hear about the work Callum and the foundation have been doing for young people with disabilities and life-limiting illnesses.
Callum, 16, also took the opportunity to thank supporters of the charity, which was set up in memory of his brother Liam in 2011.
Himself a prolific fundraiser, Liam collected more than £340,000 for charity before his death in 2009.
At the start of the month, Callum and three friends cycled raised more than £4,000 for the charity by cycling 800 miles across the country.
You may also want to watch:
Callum was joined by David and Nick Culley and Rod Garnham as they set off from Cambridge and their tour of the country ended at Weatheralls Primary School.
Among the towns and cities the group visited on their trek were Peterborough, Ipswich, Colchester, Reading and Norwich.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 5 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 6 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 7 Contractors 'did not follow the brief' when it came to drain maintenance
- 8 Cineworld Ely expected to reopen in May
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 Lunging challenge in boyfriend's memory raises thousands for charity
For more information on the challenge visit www.chainsforchange.co.uk