Cakes, cars and celebrations all round for John’s 70th birthday
- Credit: Archant
After a 130 mile-drive, Amanda and Graeme Dexter arrived at Rosemary Westwell’s home in a convoy of sports cars to take her to see her husband John on his 70th birthday in Aria House Care Home, March.
The visit, which took place on Sunday, was to raise awareness of dementia and to encourage more people to volunteer.
The main attraction on the day was the MG sports car model MGF 1999 1.8 VVC.
Pam Tate, of Witchford, made cupcakes especially for the occasion, as well as being in aid of Alzheimer’s Society’s Cupcake Day on June 16. The event also helped extend the celebrations for Care Home Open Day at the home which took place on June 18.
The Volunteer Bureau in Ely arranges transport for Rosemary to see her husband in the care home and more drivers are needed.
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at Aria Home, call 01354 661551 or for The Volunteer Bureau phone 01353 666556.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody