Huge turnout for Ely cadets recruitment open evening
- Credit: Archant
More than 50 parents and recruits attended Ely 1094 squadron for their recruitment evening.
A surprise guest appearance was made by Mayor of Ely Councillor Mike Rouse who addressed both prospective recruits and their parents extolling the virtues of cadet service.
The evening was kicked off with a rather noisy demonstration outside of a working miniature jet engine by CI Colin Wills.
The Squadron also held its annual bake off competition with the cadets cakes being enjoyed and judged by the new recruits and their parents, who spoke with some of the squadron’s cadets, staff and parents of existing cadets over tea and cake.
New recruits will be welcomed next Monday night.
You may also want to watch:
If you missed out on the recruitment event, it’s not too late to visit again.
If you are aged 12 to 17 years old then come along with your parent next Monday night at 7.25pm to The Cadet Centre, in Heaton Drive.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment