Ely air cadets join in the seasonal spirit at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
Ely air cadets got in the festive spirit at the Ely Cathedral Festival of Carols.
The carol concert was held in aid of SSAFA, the Soldiers Sailors Airmen and Families Association.
SSAFA is the oldest armed forces charity and Ely’s air cadets were on hand selling programs and Christmas goodie bags to raise funds for the charity.
The squadron’s cadets received numerous compliments from those in attendance including a ringing endorsement from RAF Marham’s station commander, group captain Townsend and television historian Dan Snow.
The spectacular evening in celebration of Christmas was led by music from the Ely Cathedral Choir, the Ely Imps and featuring special guest, West End star Ruthie Henshall, with seasonal readings and poems.
You may also want to watch:
She wowed crowds with her interpretation of traditional carols such as In the Bleak Midwinter as well as modern hits from Joni Mitchell and St Vincent.
The Olivier Award winner has starred in Les Miserables, Crazy for You, Cats and Chicago.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut