By-election called after former mayor steps down from East Cambs District Council
- Credit: Archant
A BY-ELECTION has been called for the Ely East seat on East Cambridgeshire District Council.
The election was called following the resignation of Conservative Councillor Will Burton from the district council, who is relocating to Lincolnshire.
Councillor Burton was elected to the district council in 2011 and has also served as a City of Ely councillor since 2007. He served as mayor of the city last year, helping secure the successful handover of the city’s magistrates’ court and Maltings Cottage.
If the election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday, September 5, between the hours of 7am and 10pm.
Potential candidates can now collect their official nomination papers from the
You may also want to watch:
electoral services offices at East Cambridgeshire District Council, to put themselves forward. The deadline for completed nomination papers is noon on August 8.
Should anyone have any questions or queries, contact the electoral services team on 01353 665555.
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 8 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club