By-election called after former mayor steps down from East Cambs District Council
- Credit: Archant
A BY-ELECTION has been called for the Ely East seat on East Cambridgeshire District Council.
The election was called following the resignation of Conservative Councillor Will Burton from the district council, who is relocating to Lincolnshire.
Councillor Burton was elected to the district council in 2011 and has also served as a City of Ely councillor since 2007. He served as mayor of the city last year, helping secure the successful handover of the city’s magistrates’ court and Maltings Cottage.
If the election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday, September 5, between the hours of 7am and 10pm.
Potential candidates can now collect their official nomination papers from the
You may also want to watch:
electoral services offices at East Cambridgeshire District Council, to put themselves forward. The deadline for completed nomination papers is noon on August 8.
Should anyone have any questions or queries, contact the electoral services team on 01353 665555.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats