Busy Christmas for Lisa’s fund-raisers continues
- Credit: Archant
The Lisa Barnes Memorial Fund’s busy Christmas continued this week with another £1,391 raised.
Starting at Tesco in Ely on Thursday, fund-raisers, with a little help from Santa, collected hundreds from shoppers.
And the following day, the charity was at Sainsbury’s, in Lisle Lane, where we a pink wheelbarrow Christmas draw was held.
The wheelbarrow was donated by Ernest Doe of Littleport, the Christmas cake by the Lighthouse Centre of Ely and a huge selection of chocolate was donated by Cherry Hill Chocolates of Ely.
On Saturday, Santa was again on hand to join fund-raisers for a sing along with Viva Youth Theatre of Soham.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday evening saw a Christmas Band Concert at the Brook in Soham, performed by the Soham Comrades Band with its new musical director Jayne Murrill.
They played a selection of Christmas songs and carols along with songs from the musicals.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam