Busy Christmas for Lisa’s fund-raisers continues
- Credit: Archant
The Lisa Barnes Memorial Fund’s busy Christmas continued this week with another £1,391 raised.
Starting at Tesco in Ely on Thursday, fund-raisers, with a little help from Santa, collected hundreds from shoppers.
And the following day, the charity was at Sainsbury’s, in Lisle Lane, where we a pink wheelbarrow Christmas draw was held.
The wheelbarrow was donated by Ernest Doe of Littleport, the Christmas cake by the Lighthouse Centre of Ely and a huge selection of chocolate was donated by Cherry Hill Chocolates of Ely.
On Saturday, Santa was again on hand to join fund-raisers for a sing along with Viva Youth Theatre of Soham.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday evening saw a Christmas Band Concert at the Brook in Soham, performed by the Soham Comrades Band with its new musical director Jayne Murrill.
They played a selection of Christmas songs and carols along with songs from the musicals.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages