Yarn On The Square in Running For Top Award
Owners Ginette Heard and Christine Brown were also crowned New Business of the Year at the Ely Standard Business Awards held last month.
THE UK’s battered economy has not stood in the way of progress for award-winning Ely firm that is in the running to win a top business accolade. Yarn on the Square, on Market Place, has won an award for Excellence in Customer Service in the East of England British Chambers of Commerce Awards. Owners Ginette Heard and Christine Brown were also crowned New Business of the Year at the Ely Standard Business Awards held last month.
Neville Reyner, president of the British Chambers of Commerce, said: “We’ve been delighted with the consistently high standard of confident companies out thee who have been flying the flag for British business, despite the uncertain times we find ourselves in.”
Having won the regional award, the company is now in the running for the national award in its category, and will have the chance to win the Award for Outstanding Business Achievement, which has a top prize of �25,000.
Pic cap: Ginette Heard (left) and Christine Brown with Peter Watts from the Cambridgeshire Chamber of Commerce.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE
- 1 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 2 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 3 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 4 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 5 New-look girls' team bolstered on and off the pitch
- 6 'She will be sorely missed' - Rev Teresa retires
- 7 Therapy dogs' ‘meet and greet’ in Ely raises £130 for charity
- 8 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 9 Air cadet Rory given fitting farewell after loyal service
- 10 Crowds enjoy all on offer at city’s yule pagan and alternative fayre