Yarn On The Square in Running For Top Award
Owners Ginette Heard and Christine Brown were also crowned New Business of the Year at the Ely Standard Business Awards held last month.
THE UK’s battered economy has not stood in the way of progress for award-winning Ely firm that is in the running to win a top business accolade. Yarn on the Square, on Market Place, has won an award for Excellence in Customer Service in the East of England British Chambers of Commerce Awards. Owners Ginette Heard and Christine Brown were also crowned New Business of the Year at the Ely Standard Business Awards held last month.
Neville Reyner, president of the British Chambers of Commerce, said: “We’ve been delighted with the consistently high standard of confident companies out thee who have been flying the flag for British business, despite the uncertain times we find ourselves in.”
Having won the regional award, the company is now in the running for the national award in its category, and will have the chance to win the Award for Outstanding Business Achievement, which has a top prize of �25,000.
Pic cap: Ginette Heard (left) and Christine Brown with Peter Watts from the Cambridgeshire Chamber of Commerce.
You may also want to watch:
Photo: HELEN DRAKE
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 10 Care home still 'requires improvement'