Yarn On The Square in Running For Top Award
Owners Ginette Heard and Christine Brown were also crowned New Business of the Year at the Ely Standard Business Awards held last month.
THE UK’s battered economy has not stood in the way of progress for award-winning Ely firm that is in the running to win a top business accolade. Yarn on the Square, on Market Place, has won an award for Excellence in Customer Service in the East of England British Chambers of Commerce Awards. Owners Ginette Heard and Christine Brown were also crowned New Business of the Year at the Ely Standard Business Awards held last month.
Neville Reyner, president of the British Chambers of Commerce, said: “We’ve been delighted with the consistently high standard of confident companies out thee who have been flying the flag for British business, despite the uncertain times we find ourselves in.”
Having won the regional award, the company is now in the running for the national award in its category, and will have the chance to win the Award for Outstanding Business Achievement, which has a top prize of �25,000.
Pic cap: Ginette Heard (left) and Christine Brown with Peter Watts from the Cambridgeshire Chamber of Commerce.
You may also want to watch:
Photo: HELEN DRAKE
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 8 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club