Yarn On The Square in Running For Top Award
Owners Ginette Heard and Christine Brown were also crowned New Business of the Year at the Ely Standard Business Awards held last month.
THE UK’s battered economy has not stood in the way of progress for award-winning Ely firm that is in the running to win a top business accolade. Yarn on the Square, on Market Place, has won an award for Excellence in Customer Service in the East of England British Chambers of Commerce Awards. Owners Ginette Heard and Christine Brown were also crowned New Business of the Year at the Ely Standard Business Awards held last month.
Neville Reyner, president of the British Chambers of Commerce, said: “We’ve been delighted with the consistently high standard of confident companies out thee who have been flying the flag for British business, despite the uncertain times we find ourselves in.”
Having won the regional award, the company is now in the running for the national award in its category, and will have the chance to win the Award for Outstanding Business Achievement, which has a top prize of �25,000.
Pic cap: Ginette Heard (left) and Christine Brown with Peter Watts from the Cambridgeshire Chamber of Commerce.
You may also want to watch:
Photo: HELEN DRAKE
- 1 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 2 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 3 'We have a duty to follow planning policies': Council's firm stance over pub's giant mug
- 4 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 7 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book