‘We didn’t come to this decision lightly’: The Village Inn at Witchford to close next month ‘due to financial restraints from the brewery’
- Credit: Facbeook/The Village Inn
A popular Cambridgeshire pub is set to close for good next month due to “financial restraints” from its brewery.
The Village Inn at Witchford will close its doors on Saturday, February 1 and the owners say the decision didn't come lightly.
In a post on social media, a spokesman said: "It's with a heavy heart we're saddened to tell you that our last night here will be on February 1.
"We would like to thank everyone who has supported us throughout our time here. It's because of this support we feel that you should be informed of this.
"We didn't come to this decision lightly and those that know us will understand this. Due to financial restraints from the brewery they have made it impossible for us to continue.
"We don't know the pubs plans once we have left that's up to the brewery. We hope to continue to have your support until our last day."
One supporter said: "This is really sad news as the pub has been its best since you guys came in.
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 4 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 5 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 6 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 7 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 8 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 9 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
"I understand it's difficult, especially when owned by a brewery and it must have been a very hard decision to make as you have made everyone value the pub again and made friends with the locals.
"I wish you all the very best for your future."