Witchford equestrian school given green light to grow
PLANS to expand the facilities at a equestrian centre in Witchford have been given the green light by planners at East Cambridgeshire District Council.
A surge in demand for places at the Sedgeway Equestrian Centre in Witchford led owners Dennis Goodjohn to apply to the district council to expand its lecture facilties and caf�.
The centre has both indoor and outdoor training facilities and Mr Goodjohn told planners he would need to expand his teaching facilities in order to accommodate an increase in people wishing to use the centre.
According to the plans, the extension will add a further 48sqm to the existing lecture room and caf�.
In his submission to planners, Mr Goodjohn’s said: “Sedgeway Equestrian Centre has, over the years, developed into a buoyant business and to provide the necessary facilities to satisfy clients, particularly schooling, it is now found that the existing lecture room is unable to cope with demand.
You may also want to watch:
“The proposal will allow for a complete re-appraisal, of the lecture space without causing undue visual distress to the existing building.”
Granting planning permission, council planning officer Sue Finlayson said in her report: “The extension will be visible against the existing riding school but is not considered to have a detrimental impact as it will match the existing building”
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 6 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 7 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 8 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 City runners out to go extra mile for charity cash