Wilkinsons Set For Makeover
WILKINSONS in Ely is set for a makeover this month as part of the company’s nationwide initiative to invest in local towns and refresh existing stores throughout the UK. The Ely store will close its doors at 6pm on Tuesday, July 20, and unveil a new look to the public on Thursday, July 22 at 9am.
To mark the occasion, 12 members of staff, who have each worked at the store since it opened 10 years ago, will join store manager, Trudy Perriam, in cutting the ceremonial ribbon and will officially re-open the store.
During the re-opening celebrations, staff will be handing out sweets and balloons throughout the day and volunteers from Anthony Nolan, Wilkinsons’ nominated charity of the year, will also hold a charity raffle. Customers will be able to win a jam packed hamper, which will include a wide range of high quality everyday goods that the retailer is famous for.
Trudy, explained: “To celebrate a decade of trading in Ely, we are really looking forward to giving the store a fresh new look, creating a brighter shopping environment, while maintaining the same great low prices and fantastic bargains we are famous for.”
The celebrations will continue on Saturday when children will be entertained by a face painter, who will be in store between 10am and 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Still a family-owned firm after 80 years of trading, Wilkinsons has more than 330 stores across the UK, selling more than 25,000 product lines. Wilkinsons is committed to Britain’s high streets and is an active supporter of local charities, community groups and care organizations.
- 1 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 2 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 3 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 6 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 7 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 8 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 9 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 10 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost