Wilkinsons Set For Makeover
WILKINSONS in Ely is set for a makeover this month as part of the company’s nationwide initiative to invest in local towns and refresh existing stores throughout the UK. The Ely store will close its doors at 6pm on Tuesday, July 20, and unveil a new look to the public on Thursday, July 22 at 9am.
To mark the occasion, 12 members of staff, who have each worked at the store since it opened 10 years ago, will join store manager, Trudy Perriam, in cutting the ceremonial ribbon and will officially re-open the store.
During the re-opening celebrations, staff will be handing out sweets and balloons throughout the day and volunteers from Anthony Nolan, Wilkinsons’ nominated charity of the year, will also hold a charity raffle. Customers will be able to win a jam packed hamper, which will include a wide range of high quality everyday goods that the retailer is famous for.
Trudy, explained: “To celebrate a decade of trading in Ely, we are really looking forward to giving the store a fresh new look, creating a brighter shopping environment, while maintaining the same great low prices and fantastic bargains we are famous for.”
The celebrations will continue on Saturday when children will be entertained by a face painter, who will be in store between 10am and 4pm.
Still a family-owned firm after 80 years of trading, Wilkinsons has more than 330 stores across the UK, selling more than 25,000 product lines. Wilkinsons is committed to Britain’s high streets and is an active supporter of local charities, community groups and care organizations.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 3 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 4 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 5 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 8 GP surgery 'failing' us says Labour
- 9 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 10 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm