VolkerFitzpatrick win £35m contract for Ely southern by pass - the company is also building £50m Cambridge Science Park station
- Credit: Archant
The same company building the £50million station to serve Cambridge Science Park has now won the £35 million contract to build Ely’s southern by pass.
VolkerFitzpatrick has won the job to design and build the Ely southern bypass project for Cambridgeshire County Council.
The company will be responsible for building the 1.7km long single carriageway road with a separate bridge over the Great Ouse.
With more than 700 employees, VolkerFitzpatrick is one of the United Kingdom’s largest engineering and construction companies.
The company specialises in both the private and public sector customers on projects from £1 million to over £200 million.
You may also want to watch:
Once completed in May next year, the station will have three platforms, parking for 450 vehicles and 1,000 cycles, and solar panels will provide up to 10 per cent of the station’s power.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 3 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 6 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 7 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 10 Boxer's 163-miles-in-a-month charity run raises £1,600