VolkerFitzpatrick win £35m contract for Ely southern by pass - the company is also building £50m Cambridge Science Park station
- Credit: Archant
The same company building the £50million station to serve Cambridge Science Park has now won the £35 million contract to build Ely’s southern by pass.
VolkerFitzpatrick has won the job to design and build the Ely southern bypass project for Cambridgeshire County Council.
The company will be responsible for building the 1.7km long single carriageway road with a separate bridge over the Great Ouse.
With more than 700 employees, VolkerFitzpatrick is one of the United Kingdom’s largest engineering and construction companies.
The company specialises in both the private and public sector customers on projects from £1 million to over £200 million.
You may also want to watch:
Once completed in May next year, the station will have three platforms, parking for 450 vehicles and 1,000 cycles, and solar panels will provide up to 10 per cent of the station’s power.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 6 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 7 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 8 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 City runners out to go extra mile for charity cash