VolkerFitzpatrick win £35m contract for Ely southern by pass - the company is also building £50m Cambridge Science Park station
- Credit: Archant
The same company building the £50million station to serve Cambridge Science Park has now won the £35 million contract to build Ely’s southern by pass.
VolkerFitzpatrick has won the job to design and build the Ely southern bypass project for Cambridgeshire County Council.
The company will be responsible for building the 1.7km long single carriageway road with a separate bridge over the Great Ouse.
With more than 700 employees, VolkerFitzpatrick is one of the United Kingdom’s largest engineering and construction companies.
The company specialises in both the private and public sector customers on projects from £1 million to over £200 million.
Once completed in May next year, the station will have three platforms, parking for 450 vehicles and 1,000 cycles, and solar panels will provide up to 10 per cent of the station’s power.
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 8 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 9 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 10 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021