VolkerFitzpatrick win £35m contract for Ely southern by pass - the company is also building £50m Cambridge Science Park station
- Credit: Archant
The same company building the £50million station to serve Cambridge Science Park has now won the £35 million contract to build Ely’s southern by pass.
VolkerFitzpatrick has won the job to design and build the Ely southern bypass project for Cambridgeshire County Council.
The company will be responsible for building the 1.7km long single carriageway road with a separate bridge over the Great Ouse.
With more than 700 employees, VolkerFitzpatrick is one of the United Kingdom’s largest engineering and construction companies.
The company specialises in both the private and public sector customers on projects from £1 million to over £200 million.
You may also want to watch:
Once completed in May next year, the station will have three platforms, parking for 450 vehicles and 1,000 cycles, and solar panels will provide up to 10 per cent of the station’s power.
- 1 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 2 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 3 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 4 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 5 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 10 'Savage' attack left man without spleen