Vodafone sign up as Ely Business Awards sponsor
- Credit: Archant
Vodafone UK, one of the world’s leading mobile network providers, has become a sponsor of the prestigious Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards 2016
The company, which has a store at 19a High Street, Ely, has joined a long line of sponsors for the area’s premier awards and will have a representative in the form of Sarita Mal, sales manager, on the judging panel.
Vodafone UK partners with businesses of all sizes - from start-ups and small businesses to the largest corporations and the public sector.
The company has worked with UK businesses for over 30 years, starting out as a mobile provider and becoming one of the UK’s leading total communications partners.
To support the UK’s dynamic business landscape, Vodafone UK recently changed the way they work by setting up new ‘regional hubs’, each with dedicated business account management, customer services and network teams. This new approach aims to provide grass roots support, based on local knowledge and Vodafone’s national footprint, to companies and local public sector organisations across the UK.
The move follows the company’s recent £2 billion investment in its network and services over the last two years and the expansion of its retail footprint to more than 500 high street stores.
These investments are part of Vodafone’s ongoing strategy to align its people, products and services, technology and network with what customers need to run and grow their businesses.
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 3 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 4 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 5 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 8 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 9 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash
- 10 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
The local hub team for the Cambridgeshire area is led by Mike Grogan, head of East and East Midlands Regional Business, who said: “We are proud to sponsor the East Cambridgeshire Business Awards 2016 and excited to be part of the judging panel. It will be a great event to celebrate the district’s leading companies and entrepreneurs”.
Email: RegionalBusiness@vodafone.com for more on the local hub.