Up to 85 new jobs as engineering firm gets all-clear to upgrade Ely headquarters
- Credit: Archant
A HIGH-TECH engineering company has been given permission to upgrade its headquarters and create up to 85 new jobs.
Oil and Gas Ltd (OGS) has won approval from East Cambridgeshire District Council to allow its Denmark House premises, in Angel Drove, to house the extra staff.
The company designs and manufactures equipment for the oil and gas industry and has an expanding number of clients both in the UK and internationally.
In its submission to planners, the company said: “It is planned to have around 130 permanent work spaces in Denmark House after the renovation.
“That means the creation of 85 new jobs inthe Ely area, over 70 of which will be highly skilled professional engineers.
“Renovation on this site will also help to encourage future investment on adjacent and nearby plots.”
As part of the plans, the company will build a new two-storey entrance way and will also expand the building to allow for new manufacturing, testing and research areas.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 3 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 4 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 5 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Frustration for Ely City is United's gain as unbeaten home run ends
- 9 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series