Up to 85 new jobs as engineering firm gets all-clear to upgrade Ely headquarters
- Credit: Archant
A HIGH-TECH engineering company has been given permission to upgrade its headquarters and create up to 85 new jobs.
Oil and Gas Ltd (OGS) has won approval from East Cambridgeshire District Council to allow its Denmark House premises, in Angel Drove, to house the extra staff.
The company designs and manufactures equipment for the oil and gas industry and has an expanding number of clients both in the UK and internationally.
In its submission to planners, the company said: “It is planned to have around 130 permanent work spaces in Denmark House after the renovation.
“That means the creation of 85 new jobs inthe Ely area, over 70 of which will be highly skilled professional engineers.
You may also want to watch:
“Renovation on this site will also help to encourage future investment on adjacent and nearby plots.”
As part of the plans, the company will build a new two-storey entrance way and will also expand the building to allow for new manufacturing, testing and research areas.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 8 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 9 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 10 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph