Up to 85 new jobs as engineering firm gets all-clear to upgrade Ely headquarters
- Credit: Archant
A HIGH-TECH engineering company has been given permission to upgrade its headquarters and create up to 85 new jobs.
Oil and Gas Ltd (OGS) has won approval from East Cambridgeshire District Council to allow its Denmark House premises, in Angel Drove, to house the extra staff.
The company designs and manufactures equipment for the oil and gas industry and has an expanding number of clients both in the UK and internationally.
In its submission to planners, the company said: “It is planned to have around 130 permanent work spaces in Denmark House after the renovation.
“That means the creation of 85 new jobs inthe Ely area, over 70 of which will be highly skilled professional engineers.
You may also want to watch:
“Renovation on this site will also help to encourage future investment on adjacent and nearby plots.”
As part of the plans, the company will build a new two-storey entrance way and will also expand the building to allow for new manufacturing, testing and research areas.
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 3 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 6 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 7 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 8 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 9 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 10 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree