Up to 85 new jobs as engineering firm gets all-clear to upgrade Ely headquarters
- Credit: Archant
A HIGH-TECH engineering company has been given permission to upgrade its headquarters and create up to 85 new jobs.
Oil and Gas Ltd (OGS) has won approval from East Cambridgeshire District Council to allow its Denmark House premises, in Angel Drove, to house the extra staff.
The company designs and manufactures equipment for the oil and gas industry and has an expanding number of clients both in the UK and internationally.
In its submission to planners, the company said: “It is planned to have around 130 permanent work spaces in Denmark House after the renovation.
“That means the creation of 85 new jobs inthe Ely area, over 70 of which will be highly skilled professional engineers.
You may also want to watch:
“Renovation on this site will also help to encourage future investment on adjacent and nearby plots.”
As part of the plans, the company will build a new two-storey entrance way and will also expand the building to allow for new manufacturing, testing and research areas.
- 1 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 2 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 3 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 4 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 5 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 10 'Savage' attack left man without spleen