Two unnamed businesses express interest in running Ely Post Office
- Credit: Archant
Two businesses have expressed an interest in taking over at the Post Office in Ely.
The future of the Market Street branch has been up in the air in recent months after its previous Postmaster left due to “contractual issues.”
However, a spokesman today confirmed that two businesses are looking into taking over. Their identity has not been revealed.
A spokesman said: “Interest has been expressed from two businesses and we are awaiting formal applications.
“In the meantime Ely Post Office continues to be operated by a temporary Postmaster.”
You may also want to watch:
The Post Office had previously said that the Ely branch could face relocation for a fourth time after its permanent Postmaster lost its contract in May.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 3 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 7 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 8 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 9 Win vouchers to spend at supermarket
- 10 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings