Two unnamed businesses express interest in running Ely Post Office
- Credit: Archant
Two businesses have expressed an interest in taking over at the Post Office in Ely.
The future of the Market Street branch has been up in the air in recent months after its previous Postmaster left due to “contractual issues.”
However, a spokesman today confirmed that two businesses are looking into taking over. Their identity has not been revealed.
A spokesman said: “Interest has been expressed from two businesses and we are awaiting formal applications.
“In the meantime Ely Post Office continues to be operated by a temporary Postmaster.”
You may also want to watch:
The Post Office had previously said that the Ely branch could face relocation for a fourth time after its permanent Postmaster lost its contract in May.
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 6 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 7 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 8 Elections 2021: What will happen when you cast your vote
- 9 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 10 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered