Two unnamed businesses express interest in running Ely Post Office
- Credit: Archant
Two businesses have expressed an interest in taking over at the Post Office in Ely.
The future of the Market Street branch has been up in the air in recent months after its previous Postmaster left due to “contractual issues.”
However, a spokesman today confirmed that two businesses are looking into taking over. Their identity has not been revealed.
A spokesman said: “Interest has been expressed from two businesses and we are awaiting formal applications.
“In the meantime Ely Post Office continues to be operated by a temporary Postmaster.”
You may also want to watch:
The Post Office had previously said that the Ely branch could face relocation for a fourth time after its permanent Postmaster lost its contract in May.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 6 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos