Turners of Soham recognised with award for carbon emissions drive
- Credit: Archant
HAULAGE firm Turners has received national recognition for its fuel-efficiency programme.
In partnership with Milton Keynes-based company Isotrak, the Soham firm managed to significantly reduce its carbon emissions and save thousands of pounds in fuel across its fleet of 850 HGVs.
The industry-leading work of the two companies was recognised this week by the Logistics Carbon Reduction Scheme.
The programme allowed drivers to identify the best routes, using the least fuel, to complete their journeys while also monitoring their driving technique.
Terry Sleton, fuel programme manager for Turners, said: “This system enables us to take positive steps in improving fuel efficiency, save money, reduce our environmental footprint, and improve driver safety while enhancing our services.
You may also want to watch:
“We are extremely proud of our achievements to date and we are grateful to see our efforts and achievements recognised by the Carbon Reduction Through Fuel Efficiency award.”
- 1 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 2 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 5 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 6 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 7 McDonald’s helps litter pickers in mission to clean up county
- 8 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 9 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 10 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts