Turners of Soham recognised with award for carbon emissions drive
- Credit: Archant
HAULAGE firm Turners has received national recognition for its fuel-efficiency programme.
In partnership with Milton Keynes-based company Isotrak, the Soham firm managed to significantly reduce its carbon emissions and save thousands of pounds in fuel across its fleet of 850 HGVs.
The industry-leading work of the two companies was recognised this week by the Logistics Carbon Reduction Scheme.
The programme allowed drivers to identify the best routes, using the least fuel, to complete their journeys while also monitoring their driving technique.
Terry Sleton, fuel programme manager for Turners, said: “This system enables us to take positive steps in improving fuel efficiency, save money, reduce our environmental footprint, and improve driver safety while enhancing our services.
You may also want to watch:
“We are extremely proud of our achievements to date and we are grateful to see our efforts and achievements recognised by the Carbon Reduction Through Fuel Efficiency award.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland