The icing on the cake - Tom’s Cakes in Ely to open this week
A new cake shop that was determined to launch in Ely this year will open on Wednesday.
Tom’s Cakes, in the High Street, will open its doors when the latest Covid-19 lockdown restrictions are eased.
The shop, known for its delicious and artistic cakes, shared photographs of the shop which almost ready to welcome its first customers.
The post said: “Busy day getting the Ely shop ready for opening day this Wednesday.
“We are looking forward to welcoming you!”
Tom’s Cakes already has two branches, one in Cambridge and another in St Ives.
It had been due to open an Ely shop when the pandemic hit and the project was delayed.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 9 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest
The owners were determined to be open and serving cakes and hot drinks before the end of the year - and used their social media channels to provide updates on how the shop has been progressing.