The icing on the cake - Tom’s Cakes in Ely to open this week
A new cake shop that was determined to launch in Ely this year will open on Wednesday.
Tom’s Cakes, in the High Street, will open its doors when the latest Covid-19 lockdown restrictions are eased.
The shop, known for its delicious and artistic cakes, shared photographs of the shop which almost ready to welcome its first customers.
The post said: “Busy day getting the Ely shop ready for opening day this Wednesday.
“We are looking forward to welcoming you!”
Tom’s Cakes already has two branches, one in Cambridge and another in St Ives.
It had been due to open an Ely shop when the pandemic hit and the project was delayed.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 9 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 10 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
The owners were determined to be open and serving cakes and hot drinks before the end of the year - and used their social media channels to provide updates on how the shop has been progressing.