The icing on the cake - Tom’s Cakes in Ely to open this week
A new cake shop that was determined to launch in Ely this year will open on Wednesday.
Tom’s Cakes, in the High Street, will open its doors when the latest Covid-19 lockdown restrictions are eased.
The shop, known for its delicious and artistic cakes, shared photographs of the shop which almost ready to welcome its first customers.
The post said: “Busy day getting the Ely shop ready for opening day this Wednesday.
“We are looking forward to welcoming you!”
Tom’s Cakes already has two branches, one in Cambridge and another in St Ives.
It had been due to open an Ely shop when the pandemic hit and the project was delayed.
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 3 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 4 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 5 Cambridge 'knife-wielder' arrested
- 6 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 7 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 8 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 9 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 10 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
The owners were determined to be open and serving cakes and hot drinks before the end of the year - and used their social media channels to provide updates on how the shop has been progressing.