The icing on the cake - Tom’s Cakes in Ely to open this week
A new cake shop that was determined to launch in Ely this year will open on Wednesday.
Tom’s Cakes, in the High Street, will open its doors when the latest Covid-19 lockdown restrictions are eased.
The shop, known for its delicious and artistic cakes, shared photographs of the shop which almost ready to welcome its first customers.
The post said: “Busy day getting the Ely shop ready for opening day this Wednesday.
“We are looking forward to welcoming you!”
Tom’s Cakes already has two branches, one in Cambridge and another in St Ives.
It had been due to open an Ely shop when the pandemic hit and the project was delayed.
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 5 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 9 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 10 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
The owners were determined to be open and serving cakes and hot drinks before the end of the year - and used their social media channels to provide updates on how the shop has been progressing.