This lady’s got sole!
HAZEL Morrison opened The Shoe Tree, in Market Street, Ely, just six weeks ago and it is proving to be a resounding success. Little Thetford mother Hazel decided on this venture after years of travelling miles to find suitable footwear for her young chi
HAZEL Morrison opened The Shoe Tree, in Market Street, Ely, just six weeks ago and it is proving to be a resounding success.
Little Thetford mother Hazel decided on this venture after years of travelling miles to find suitable footwear for her young children.
She said: "I thought I could run the shop on my own with some part-time staff, but I have had to take on two full-time shoe-fitters.
"People are coming here from Huntingdon and Peterborough and we even had a customer from Ipswich last week."
Dedicated to selling children's shoes, the key to her success is the amazing range of shoes in store. It is an ultra-child-friendly store - about children and for children.
She is even planning an appointments system for parents and children so that they can visit the shop at a time to suit them.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 3 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 8 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 9 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
Hazel's shop stocks a range of styles, including shoes from Europe, South America and America and well-known British makes including Hush Puppies and Ben Sherman.
She has just started to stock Geox trainers and sandals, Ricosta girls' and boys' sandals and school shoes from baby sizes to adult size 7.
She offers Funky Feet and Star Child pre-walker and pram shoes among others for babies and Crocs brightly coloured shoes which can be customised by the wearer using clip-on highly coloured shapes.
Girls will love the Lelli Kelli stylish Italian shoes. A real favourite with the boys are the Merrell trainers - they look like trainers but are slip-ons for boys who never do up their laces.
Hazel offers a fitting service and shoes come in a range of widths plus half sizes. The Shoe Tree stocks specially designed foot beds that will help with fitting from a size D upwards.
While one member of the family is being served other youngsters will find plenty to keep them entertained in the stylish play area at the back of the shop.
"The shop is for children and their families," said Hazel. "The whole idea is to make children and their parents as comfortable as possible."
The Shoe Tree is at 31 Market Street, Ely CB7 4LZ
Opening times are 9.45am-5pm Monday to Friday and 9am-5.30pm Saturdays. Tel: 01353 667769