This lady’s got sole!
HAZEL Morrison opened The Shoe Tree, in Market Street, Ely, just six weeks ago and it is proving to be a resounding success. Little Thetford mother Hazel decided on this venture after years of travelling miles to find suitable footwear for her young chi
HAZEL Morrison opened The Shoe Tree, in Market Street, Ely, just six weeks ago and it is proving to be a resounding success.
Little Thetford mother Hazel decided on this venture after years of travelling miles to find suitable footwear for her young children.
She said: "I thought I could run the shop on my own with some part-time staff, but I have had to take on two full-time shoe-fitters.
"People are coming here from Huntingdon and Peterborough and we even had a customer from Ipswich last week."
You may also want to watch:
Dedicated to selling children's shoes, the key to her success is the amazing range of shoes in store. It is an ultra-child-friendly store - about children and for children.
She is even planning an appointments system for parents and children so that they can visit the shop at a time to suit them.
- 1 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 2 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 3 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 4 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
Hazel's shop stocks a range of styles, including shoes from Europe, South America and America and well-known British makes including Hush Puppies and Ben Sherman.
She has just started to stock Geox trainers and sandals, Ricosta girls' and boys' sandals and school shoes from baby sizes to adult size 7.
She offers Funky Feet and Star Child pre-walker and pram shoes among others for babies and Crocs brightly coloured shoes which can be customised by the wearer using clip-on highly coloured shapes.
Girls will love the Lelli Kelli stylish Italian shoes. A real favourite with the boys are the Merrell trainers - they look like trainers but are slip-ons for boys who never do up their laces.
Hazel offers a fitting service and shoes come in a range of widths plus half sizes. The Shoe Tree stocks specially designed foot beds that will help with fitting from a size D upwards.
While one member of the family is being served other youngsters will find plenty to keep them entertained in the stylish play area at the back of the shop.
"The shop is for children and their families," said Hazel. "The whole idea is to make children and their parents as comfortable as possible."
The Shoe Tree is at 31 Market Street, Ely CB7 4LZ
Opening times are 9.45am-5pm Monday to Friday and 9am-5.30pm Saturdays. Tel: 01353 667769