They’re tops for trees
PC and SL Simpson Nursery began purely as growers of ornamental and fruit trees, supplying within the trade only. Twenty years on, Simpsons at Fordham have developed and grown into a thriving, independent nursery, growing and retailing shrubs and perennia
PC and SL Simpson Nursery began purely as growers of ornamental and fruit trees, supplying within the trade only.
Twenty years on, Simpsons at Fordham have developed and grown into a thriving, independent nursery, growing and retailing shrubs and perennials in addition to the trees.
Simpsons is very much a working nursery as opposed to a garden centre, and about 90 per cent of the plants sold are grown there. It dedicates almost the entire floorspace to plants and can offer the widest selection of competitively priced trees and shrubs in the region.
November is traditionally the month for tree and shrub planting and Simpsons offers a comprehensive range of quality, locally grown fruit and ornamental trees as well as hedging plants.
With December and Christmas approaching the emphasis at the nursery turns to Christmas trees. Simpsons have been growing and selling Christmas trees since the business began. Regular customers will be aware of the fantastic range available.
With over a thousand Christmas trees to choose from, Simpsons can cater for everyone, from a two feet potted Norwegian spruce to a large 15feet Noble fir.
- 1 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 7 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 8 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash
- 9 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 10 Development plans submitted for next phase of Cambridge North
The trend has been very much in favour of 'non-drop' Noble firs and Normanii trees.
There are widespread reports of shortages and price increases, but Simpsons can assure their customers that they will have the usual range of hand-picked trees priced as last season.
From now until Christmas, Simpsons are providing some help with the Christmas shopping by offering 10 per cent off our gift
Simpsons is a local, family concern, and with the eldest two sons having recently joined the business with fresh ideas and innovations, they are looking forward to the next 20 years being as successful as the first.
Contact: Simpsons Nursery and Garden Centre, 42 Station Road, Fordham. Tel: 01638 720194. Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am to 5pm.