The furniture family
THE Barnsbury Furniture Company at 9a The Shade, Soham has a relaxing and informal atmosphere that allows customers the freedom to browse. Run by Mary Wells, it is a family business now in its sixth year; and her son Nick has joined the team recently. Ov
THE Barnsbury Furniture Company at 9a The Shade, Soham has a relaxing and informal atmosphere that allows customers the freedom to browse. Run by Mary Wells, it is a family business now in its sixth year; and her son Nick has joined the team recently.
Over this period, they have built up a large customer base and are finding many more people are increasingly keen to help the environment, reduce their carbon footprints and shop local.
They sell a variety of tables, chairs, sofas, beds and wardrobes ranging from classical to more contemporary styles at competitive prices. Barnsbury Furniture Company is careful to source their manufacturers carefully to ensure the quality of everything they sell.
Mary said: "People are making large purchases when buying furniture and we have to make sure that what we sell will last."
You may also want to watch:
Shoppers are given time to look without high pressure selling. Mary explained: "We encourage people to wander and allow them a sense of space for stress free shopping. They can ask questions, go away with details and come back for more advice until they are happy to make a decision. We also have a lovely range of accessories that don't cost a fortune like mirrors, throws, cushions, curtain ties and ornaments, these little touches can make all the difference when decorating a room."
The showroom displays a wide range of furniture and upholstery to cater for all pockets. Most customers are happy to order and wait for delivery, but if they are in a desperate hurry and see something in the showroom they want, in most cases Barnsbury Furniture Company can help and even have it delivered the next day. Alternatively, if people cannot see the exact item required on show there is always a selection of brochures from a wide range of stockists on hand.
- 1 BBC camera crews hosted by Ely Business Park during Boat Race
- 2 Wildlife-loving boy, 9, saves six abandoned ducklings
- 3 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
- 4 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 5 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 6 Bodybuilding world champion raises £540 ahead of charity beauty pageant
- 7 'We plotted our downfall' admits boss after five-goal cup thriller
- 8 Artist's poignant painting in memory of HRH Prince Philip
- 9 Charity chief executive raises £646 by running 252 miles in 71 days
- 10 Letters: Bishop's prayer, bell salute, litter problems and search for family
Some manufacturers will be happy to adapt or make things specially. Mary and Nick are always there to help give friendly and informed advice.
Barnsbury Furniture company is open seven days a week, from 9am until 5.30pm, with easy access off the A142 and ample parking.