Tesco Hand Over Cheque To Soham Dial-a-Ride
ELY Soham Dial-a-Ride was presented with a cheque for �1000 by the Tesco Charitable Trust. Ely store manager Michael Greener presented the cheque to Dial-a-Ride s secretary Fred Langford who told the Ely Standard: We are really pleased that thanks to con
ELY Soham Dial-a-Ride was presented with a cheque for �1000 by the Tesco Charitable Trust.
Ely store manager Michael Greener presented the cheque to Dial-a-Ride's secretary Fred Langford who told the Ely Standard: "We are really pleased that thanks to continued donations we have been able to expand our service and we now have eight buses running across the district."
As well as running shopping trips and excursions for residents and community groups, Dial-a-Ride has also started running weekend holiday excursions for elderly and disabled people from across the district.
INFO: To contact Dial-a-Ride phone 01353 661161 or visit www.esdar.org.uk.
You may also want to watch:
Pic cap:Michael Greener (left) with Fred Langford and Tesco staff.
Photo: DANIEL MANSFIELD
- 1 BBC camera crews hosted by Ely Business Park during Boat Race
- 2 Wildlife-loving boy, 9, saves six abandoned ducklings
- 3 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
- 4 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 5 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 6 Bodybuilding world champion raises £540 ahead of charity beauty pageant
- 7 'We plotted our downfall' admits boss after five-goal cup thriller
- 8 Artist's poignant painting in memory of HRH Prince Philip
- 9 Charity chief executive raises £646 by running 252 miles in 71 days
- 10 Letters: Bishop's prayer, bell salute, litter problems and search for family