Tesco Hand Over Cheque To Soham Dial-a-Ride
ELY Soham Dial-a-Ride was presented with a cheque for �1000 by the Tesco Charitable Trust. Ely store manager Michael Greener presented the cheque to Dial-a-Ride s secretary Fred Langford who told the Ely Standard: We are really pleased that thanks to con
ELY Soham Dial-a-Ride was presented with a cheque for �1000 by the Tesco Charitable Trust.
Ely store manager Michael Greener presented the cheque to Dial-a-Ride's secretary Fred Langford who told the Ely Standard: "We are really pleased that thanks to continued donations we have been able to expand our service and we now have eight buses running across the district."
As well as running shopping trips and excursions for residents and community groups, Dial-a-Ride has also started running weekend holiday excursions for elderly and disabled people from across the district.
INFO: To contact Dial-a-Ride phone 01353 661161 or visit www.esdar.org.uk.
You may also want to watch:
Pic cap:Michael Greener (left) with Fred Langford and Tesco staff.
Photo: DANIEL MANSFIELD
- 1 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 2 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 6 Man jailed for abusive rampage against ex-partner
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors