Terry Gauci, new host of Star Radio’s Breakfast Show, to host 2014 East Cambridgeshire Business Awards
- Credit: Archant
The new Star Radio Breakfast Show presenter is the host of the 2014 Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards.
Terry Gauci started at Chiltern Radio, aged just 14, as a technical operator, helping out during school holidays and weekends. This led to a permanent weekend shift.
The trust in him was such that the programme controller issued him with his own set of keys, and he used to drive the desk for any recorded shows.
Terry went on to work for Warner, Haven & Bourne Leisure for four years and gained a huge amount of entertainment experience and knowledge whilst, at the same time, developing his talents towards his own comedy act.
From 1994-1999, Terry had several radio jobs from community to local radio. As well as radio, Terry enjoyed several TV commitments, from presenting and writing on a comedy show called The Bottom Line, to appearing as a comedian on Stand Up Live and many small acting roles in various dramas.
You may also want to watch:
A stint as one-third of the Brother Lees comedy showband followed, before Terry returned to a solo comedy career which entertained audiences with a fast-paced show, packed with one-liners, observations and impressions.
On May 12, Terry became the new Breakfast Show presenter at Star Radio for Cambridge and Ely.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 4 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 9 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 10 Open air theatre is back in Ely this weekend
The Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards are on October 3 at Ely Cathedral. Judges gathered yesterday (Wednesday) to take a look at the entries and decide the shortlists for the 10 categories. Tickets will go on sale shortly.