Terry Gauci, new host of Star Radio’s Breakfast Show, to host 2014 East Cambridgeshire Business Awards
- Credit: Archant
The new Star Radio Breakfast Show presenter is the host of the 2014 Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards.
Terry Gauci started at Chiltern Radio, aged just 14, as a technical operator, helping out during school holidays and weekends. This led to a permanent weekend shift.
The trust in him was such that the programme controller issued him with his own set of keys, and he used to drive the desk for any recorded shows.
Terry went on to work for Warner, Haven & Bourne Leisure for four years and gained a huge amount of entertainment experience and knowledge whilst, at the same time, developing his talents towards his own comedy act.
From 1994-1999, Terry had several radio jobs from community to local radio. As well as radio, Terry enjoyed several TV commitments, from presenting and writing on a comedy show called The Bottom Line, to appearing as a comedian on Stand Up Live and many small acting roles in various dramas.
You may also want to watch:
A stint as one-third of the Brother Lees comedy showband followed, before Terry returned to a solo comedy career which entertained audiences with a fast-paced show, packed with one-liners, observations and impressions.
On May 12, Terry became the new Breakfast Show presenter at Star Radio for Cambridge and Ely.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 6 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 7 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
The Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards are on October 3 at Ely Cathedral. Judges gathered yesterday (Wednesday) to take a look at the entries and decide the shortlists for the 10 categories. Tickets will go on sale shortly.