Terry Gauci, new host of Star Radio’s Breakfast Show, to host 2014 East Cambridgeshire Business Awards
- Credit: Archant
The new Star Radio Breakfast Show presenter is the host of the 2014 Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards.
Terry Gauci started at Chiltern Radio, aged just 14, as a technical operator, helping out during school holidays and weekends. This led to a permanent weekend shift.
The trust in him was such that the programme controller issued him with his own set of keys, and he used to drive the desk for any recorded shows.
Terry went on to work for Warner, Haven & Bourne Leisure for four years and gained a huge amount of entertainment experience and knowledge whilst, at the same time, developing his talents towards his own comedy act.
From 1994-1999, Terry had several radio jobs from community to local radio. As well as radio, Terry enjoyed several TV commitments, from presenting and writing on a comedy show called The Bottom Line, to appearing as a comedian on Stand Up Live and many small acting roles in various dramas.
A stint as one-third of the Brother Lees comedy showband followed, before Terry returned to a solo comedy career which entertained audiences with a fast-paced show, packed with one-liners, observations and impressions.
On May 12, Terry became the new Breakfast Show presenter at Star Radio for Cambridge and Ely.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 3 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 4 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 5 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 8 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 9 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
The Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards are on October 3 at Ely Cathedral. Judges gathered yesterday (Wednesday) to take a look at the entries and decide the shortlists for the 10 categories. Tickets will go on sale shortly.