Terry Gauci, new host of Star Radio’s Breakfast Show, to host 2014 East Cambridgeshire Business Awards
- Credit: Archant
The new Star Radio Breakfast Show presenter is the host of the 2014 Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards.
Terry Gauci started at Chiltern Radio, aged just 14, as a technical operator, helping out during school holidays and weekends. This led to a permanent weekend shift.
The trust in him was such that the programme controller issued him with his own set of keys, and he used to drive the desk for any recorded shows.
Terry went on to work for Warner, Haven & Bourne Leisure for four years and gained a huge amount of entertainment experience and knowledge whilst, at the same time, developing his talents towards his own comedy act.
From 1994-1999, Terry had several radio jobs from community to local radio. As well as radio, Terry enjoyed several TV commitments, from presenting and writing on a comedy show called The Bottom Line, to appearing as a comedian on Stand Up Live and many small acting roles in various dramas.
You may also want to watch:
A stint as one-third of the Brother Lees comedy showband followed, before Terry returned to a solo comedy career which entertained audiences with a fast-paced show, packed with one-liners, observations and impressions.
On May 12, Terry became the new Breakfast Show presenter at Star Radio for Cambridge and Ely.
- 1 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 4 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 5 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 6 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 7 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 8 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 9 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 10 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
The Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards are on October 3 at Ely Cathedral. Judges gathered yesterday (Wednesday) to take a look at the entries and decide the shortlists for the 10 categories. Tickets will go on sale shortly.