Taste of success
CHEF Jason Fretwell bought Petal Foods four years ago and relocated the business from Fore Hill, in Ely, to the present location in a specialised industrial unit at Northfield Business Park, just off the A142, in Soham. Petal Foods offers catering for e
CHEF Jason Fretwell bought Petal Foods four years ago and relocated the business from Fore Hill, in Ely, to the present location in a specialised industrial unit at Northfield Business Park, just off the A142, in Soham.
Petal Foods offers catering for every occasion, and weddings, parties and corporate functions can be customised to suit the client.
"One of our largest functions recently was catering for the visit of the Duke of Gloucester to Soham," said Jason.
"We were based in The Pavilion and provided refreshments for 550 people, including the VIP tent.
You may also want to watch:
"It was really hard work and I knew that we had to get it right. We were complimented on the day and since then people have been visiting Petal Foods to express their thanks and some have placed orders with us. The day was a great success all round."
Jason has two full-time members of staff helping him to prepare the food, a delivery driver and a part-time employee. Their speciality is tray bakes and cakes - anything from chocolate brownies to Bakewell tarts.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 3 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 10 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
These are sold to retail outlets such as coffee shops, tea rooms, hotels and universities.
Recently, Petal Foods has opened its own coffee shop and baguette bar at Northfield Park and customers can sample the delights there or take them away.
Jason said: "We are also happy to make cakes to order. These will take only a few days to make and we also have quiches, pizzas, pies and pate in our repertoire if people prefer to do some of the catering themselves. We are happy to oblige whatever the occasion."
n Petal Foods can be found at: Unit 21, Northfield Business Park, Soham CB7 5UF. Tel: 01353 722856. You can also e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org