Tan-tastic time for you
The Beauty Room 56 Market Street, Ely THE Beauty Room in Ely now boasts a state-of-the-art spray-tanning booth, following an extensive refurbishment of the shop. Julie Egan opened the Market Street shop three years ago, and has revamped the premises as a
The Beauty Room
56 Market Street, Ely
THE Beauty Room in Ely now boasts a state-of-the-art spray-tanning booth, following an extensive refurbishment of the shop.
Julie Egan opened the Market Street shop three years ago, and has revamped the premises as a response to a growing demand in tanning treatments.
You may also want to watch:
"There are definitely changing trends and spray-tanning is really big at the moment," she said.
The Beauty Room also offers massage and La Stone therapy, along with traditional beauty therapies like facials, nail extensions, manicures, pedicures and ear piercing.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 6 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 7 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 10 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
A glance at the walls of The Beauty Room reveals that Julie has worked hard to get the appropriate qualifications needed for her range of treatments, and she prides herself on a relaxed and personal approach.
"Because it's just me here, I can give people a one-to-one service," she said.
"I had a bride-to-be in recently, and I shut the shop for the afternoon for her and her friend to decide what they wanted - it was completely personal."
She said that the shop is also well-suited to customers with mobility problems - it is a ground floor shop and there is disabled parking across the street.
The Beauty Room also sells a full range of products to complement the treatments.
"People are taking a lot more pride in themselves now," Julie said.
She said that this trend includes men, who are using the services on offer at the shop more and more.
"It's so personal here that they aren't intimidated."
INFO: The Beauty Room's opening times are flexible. Phone Julie on 01353 666062 to make a day or evening appointment.