Tan-tastic time for you
The Beauty Room 56 Market Street, Ely THE Beauty Room in Ely now boasts a state-of-the-art spray-tanning booth, following an extensive refurbishment of the shop. Julie Egan opened the Market Street shop three years ago, and has revamped the premises as a
The Beauty Room
56 Market Street, Ely
THE Beauty Room in Ely now boasts a state-of-the-art spray-tanning booth, following an extensive refurbishment of the shop.
Julie Egan opened the Market Street shop three years ago, and has revamped the premises as a response to a growing demand in tanning treatments.
"There are definitely changing trends and spray-tanning is really big at the moment," she said.
The Beauty Room also offers massage and La Stone therapy, along with traditional beauty therapies like facials, nail extensions, manicures, pedicures and ear piercing.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 3 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 7 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 8 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 9 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 10 Corporal lines up world record 135km paddleboard trek for 'gleaming' Bobby
A glance at the walls of The Beauty Room reveals that Julie has worked hard to get the appropriate qualifications needed for her range of treatments, and she prides herself on a relaxed and personal approach.
"Because it's just me here, I can give people a one-to-one service," she said.
"I had a bride-to-be in recently, and I shut the shop for the afternoon for her and her friend to decide what they wanted - it was completely personal."
She said that the shop is also well-suited to customers with mobility problems - it is a ground floor shop and there is disabled parking across the street.
The Beauty Room also sells a full range of products to complement the treatments.
"People are taking a lot more pride in themselves now," Julie said.
She said that this trend includes men, who are using the services on offer at the shop more and more.
"It's so personal here that they aren't intimidated."
INFO: The Beauty Room's opening times are flexible. Phone Julie on 01353 666062 to make a day or evening appointment.