Success – of course
TWELVE members of the Fenland Lodge care home undertook a training course to help them work with dementia sufferers – and all passed with flying colours. The intensive course called Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow is an Alzheimer Society training programme,
TWELVE members of the Fenland Lodge care home undertook a training course to help them work with dementia sufferers - and all passed with flying colours.
The intensive course called Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow is an Alzheimer Society training programme, and is divided into eight one-and-a-half-hour sessions.
Training co-ordinator Robert Lindsay said: "The course is all about person-centred care. This means thinking about what the dementia is doing to the patient and good person-centred care is about treating others with the respect with which you would like to be treated. This gives the dementia sufferer a better quality of life and makes the carer's work more rewarding."
Students learn about different aspects of dementia and hear from dementia sufferers, their families and carers on a DVD.
You may also want to watch:
The course finished with a multiple choice exam, which had a 72 per cent pass mark. Three people achieved a maximum score and the other nine passed, with nobody scoring under 85 per cent.
Mr Lindsay said: "We will keep running the Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow course and ensure that every member of our staff takes it.
- 1 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 2 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 6 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 7 Photographer Dan flies high after winning national competition
- 8 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 9 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 10 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now