Students pick up telephone tips
CITY of Ely Community College and King s School students attended an enterprise-themed conference. The event was aimed at six formers at both schools who are studying business-related courses. Sureya Landini, managing director of the Blue Donkey agency
CITY of Ely Community College and King's School students attended an enterprise-themed conference.
The event was aimed at six formers at both schools who are studying business-related courses.
Sureya Landini, managing director of the Blue Donkey agency in Soham, was one of the entrepreneurs addressing the conference delegates at the bi-annual event.
She spoke about her passion for telemarketing and what inspired her to start her business nine years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Year 11 and 12 administration students from Ely Community College are also attending a training course, especially developed for them, at Blue Donkey.
The students undergo telephone skills training and cover job applications, making telephone calls, reception duties and data-build calls.
- 1 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 5 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 6 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 9 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 10 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career
Sureya said: "I am very pleased to be involved with the local schools in Ely and support their work-related curriculum. Effective use of the telephone will be the focus of today's training.
Clearly, this is a vital skill in business, but more than that, the students will take away with them life skills, not just improved telephone skills."
INFO: Contact Sureya Landini at Blue Donkey Limited. Email: email@example.com or telephone 08450 661111.