Students pick up telephone tips
CITY of Ely Community College and King s School students attended an enterprise-themed conference. The event was aimed at six formers at both schools who are studying business-related courses. Sureya Landini, managing director of the Blue Donkey agency
CITY of Ely Community College and King's School students attended an enterprise-themed conference.
The event was aimed at six formers at both schools who are studying business-related courses.
Sureya Landini, managing director of the Blue Donkey agency in Soham, was one of the entrepreneurs addressing the conference delegates at the bi-annual event.
She spoke about her passion for telemarketing and what inspired her to start her business nine years ago.
Year 11 and 12 administration students from Ely Community College are also attending a training course, especially developed for them, at Blue Donkey.
The students undergo telephone skills training and cover job applications, making telephone calls, reception duties and data-build calls.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
Sureya said: "I am very pleased to be involved with the local schools in Ely and support their work-related curriculum. Effective use of the telephone will be the focus of today's training.
Clearly, this is a vital skill in business, but more than that, the students will take away with them life skills, not just improved telephone skills."
INFO: Contact Sureya Landini at Blue Donkey Limited. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 08450 661111.