Student introduced to the world of marketing on work experience placement
- Credit: Archant
An Ely student was offered a work experience placement with a difference at Littleport agency, Emerald Frog Marketing, by taking part in an Apprentice-style marketing challenge.
Wan Chun Lo, a year 11 student at King’s Ely, expressed an interest in learning about the world of marketing and so teacher Melanie Franklin approached Emerald Frog to see if they could assist for a week.
As part of her time with Emerald Frog, Wan Chun has been busy meeting clients, writing creative briefs and attending networking events at Poets House and Ely Chamber of Commerce.
In addition, Wan Chun worked with a member of the team on devising a new campaign for a service Emerald Frog Marketing will soon be offering to start-up and small businesses, before pitching their ideas to the Directors.
Wan Chun said: “I really enjoyed my time at Emerald Frog Marketing; it was a very helpful opportunity. I gained a lot of experience and knowledge that can’t necessarily be learnt in school or via a textbook, so I really appreciated it”.
If you would like to find out more about Wan Chun’s week with Emerald Frog Marketing, you can read her diary at www.emeraldfrog.co.uk/wan-chuns-diary
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 5 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 8 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months