Student introduced to the world of marketing on work experience placement
- Credit: Archant
An Ely student was offered a work experience placement with a difference at Littleport agency, Emerald Frog Marketing, by taking part in an Apprentice-style marketing challenge.
Wan Chun Lo, a year 11 student at King’s Ely, expressed an interest in learning about the world of marketing and so teacher Melanie Franklin approached Emerald Frog to see if they could assist for a week.
As part of her time with Emerald Frog, Wan Chun has been busy meeting clients, writing creative briefs and attending networking events at Poets House and Ely Chamber of Commerce.
In addition, Wan Chun worked with a member of the team on devising a new campaign for a service Emerald Frog Marketing will soon be offering to start-up and small businesses, before pitching their ideas to the Directors.
Wan Chun said: “I really enjoyed my time at Emerald Frog Marketing; it was a very helpful opportunity. I gained a lot of experience and knowledge that can’t necessarily be learnt in school or via a textbook, so I really appreciated it”.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to find out more about Wan Chun’s week with Emerald Frog Marketing, you can read her diary at www.emeraldfrog.co.uk/wan-chuns-diary
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 4 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 5 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 6 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 7 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 8 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 9 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 10 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support