Student introduced to the world of marketing on work experience placement
- Credit: Archant
An Ely student was offered a work experience placement with a difference at Littleport agency, Emerald Frog Marketing, by taking part in an Apprentice-style marketing challenge.
Wan Chun Lo, a year 11 student at King’s Ely, expressed an interest in learning about the world of marketing and so teacher Melanie Franklin approached Emerald Frog to see if they could assist for a week.
As part of her time with Emerald Frog, Wan Chun has been busy meeting clients, writing creative briefs and attending networking events at Poets House and Ely Chamber of Commerce.
In addition, Wan Chun worked with a member of the team on devising a new campaign for a service Emerald Frog Marketing will soon be offering to start-up and small businesses, before pitching their ideas to the Directors.
Wan Chun said: “I really enjoyed my time at Emerald Frog Marketing; it was a very helpful opportunity. I gained a lot of experience and knowledge that can’t necessarily be learnt in school or via a textbook, so I really appreciated it”.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to find out more about Wan Chun’s week with Emerald Frog Marketing, you can read her diary at www.emeraldfrog.co.uk/wan-chuns-diary
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 6 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 7 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 8 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats