SOLD: Denmark House in Ely goes for �1.175 million
A LARGE office, laboratory and hi-tech production building has been sold for �1.175 million.
Savills sold the freehold of interest of Denmark House, in Angel Drove, Ely, to an overseas investor on behalf of Thermofisher.
“Denmark House came to the market as a result of Thermofisher’s re-location and offered a prime opportunity to acquire quality, mixed-use space in a desirable location,” Phillip Ridoutt of Savills Cambridge said.
“Whilst extensive refurbishment was required, the property offered phenomenal value to the investor who already has an occupier for the space.”
The building boasts a prominent location at the entrance of Cambridgeshire Business Park and 41,746 sq ft (3,878 sq m) of space over two storeys incorporating office, laboratory, research and development and hi-tech production areas.
Current occupiers on the park include Oil & Gas Systems, Cambridge Life Sciences, GFA Clinic & Regulatory Services and Shearline Precision Engineering.
- 1 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 2 Murder trial hears of 'appalling catalogue of injuries' suffered by baby
- 3 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you
- 4 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 5 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 7 Ely City WI share 'exciting projects' for 2022
- 8 Relief for clinical Soham as four-month winless run is over
- 9 Hospital study shows daily capsules could help long Covid sufferers
- 10 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash