SOLD: Denmark House in Ely goes for �1.175 million
A LARGE office, laboratory and hi-tech production building has been sold for �1.175 million.
Savills sold the freehold of interest of Denmark House, in Angel Drove, Ely, to an overseas investor on behalf of Thermofisher.
“Denmark House came to the market as a result of Thermofisher’s re-location and offered a prime opportunity to acquire quality, mixed-use space in a desirable location,” Phillip Ridoutt of Savills Cambridge said.
“Whilst extensive refurbishment was required, the property offered phenomenal value to the investor who already has an occupier for the space.”
The building boasts a prominent location at the entrance of Cambridgeshire Business Park and 41,746 sq ft (3,878 sq m) of space over two storeys incorporating office, laboratory, research and development and hi-tech production areas.
You may also want to watch:
Current occupiers on the park include Oil & Gas Systems, Cambridge Life Sciences, GFA Clinic & Regulatory Services and Shearline Precision Engineering.
- 1 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 2 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 5 Theatre group stream panto online for those who missed it due to lockdown
- 6 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 7 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 8 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 9 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’
- 10 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow