Soham And Littleport Get Taste Of 2012 With AdiZone Gyms
RESIDENTS in Soham and Littleport are to be given a taste of London 2012 with the arrival of new AdiZone outdoor gyms. Sites in Littleport and Soham have already been earmarked for the new AdiZone facilities, which are set to include basketball courts,
RESIDENTS in Soham and Littleport are to be given a taste of London 2012 with the arrival of new 'AdiZone' outdoor gyms.
Sites in Littleport and Soham have already been earmarked for the new AdiZone facilities, which are set to include basketball courts, climbing walls, tennis facilities and an outdoor gym complete with exercise bike and chest press.
The introduction of the new facilities is all part of a scheme to get communities outside the capital involved with the games as well as encouraging people to stay fit and active.
Phillip Turner, Community Services Officer, said: "The district council has been working hard over the last few months with Soham Town Council, Littleport Parish Council and Adidas to bring their unique Adizones to East Cambridgeshire.
You may also want to watch:
"We have found external funding as well as made available section 106 money to help fund these facilities as well as helping to make sure this project could become
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 10 Photos of the Week: Views along the river and sun-kissed skylines
"The process is in the final stages of negotiations with the various groups involved with a formal announcement due in the next month but it is likely the equipment will be placed at Littleport Leisure Centre and kingfisher Drive in Soham."
Each AdiZone costs �150,000 to install with 50 per cent of the funding already secured from the Government. The remaining monies were granted to both Littleport and Soham Parish Council's from council section 106 reserves.