Sky is the limit for new aerial photography business
- Credit: Archant
A new photography and filming business has launched in Soham and will make use of the latest technology to take to the skies.
Sky Revolutions was founded Ben Gorham after he spotted a gap in the market for affordable aerial surveying and photography.
Mr Gorham will be using drones, or unmanned aerial systems, to capture a unique angle for filming and survey work.
Mr Gordham said: “Usually if a person required aerial footage they would need to hire an aerial photographer, a helicopter or plane and a pilot to fly it or else a scissor lift or cherry picker.
“Not only are aerial surveys much less expensive than hiring a plane or helicopter but they also eliminate health and safety risks associated with working at height. They are also quicker to deploy and much more manoeuvrable, allowing them to get closer to the action and capture more accurate shots.”
You may also want to watch:
The footage can be viewed from the ground in real time using a video downlink so that the pilot and the customer can see exactly what the is seeing.
Having received Civil Aviation Authority permission for aerial work, Sky Revolutions is now up and running.
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Foodbank receives ‘kind’ cash donation from housebuilder
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
For more information, call 01778 560929 or visit www.skyrevolutions.co.uk.