Sky is the limit for new aerial photography business
- Credit: Archant
A new photography and filming business has launched in Soham and will make use of the latest technology to take to the skies.
Sky Revolutions was founded Ben Gorham after he spotted a gap in the market for affordable aerial surveying and photography.
Mr Gorham will be using drones, or unmanned aerial systems, to capture a unique angle for filming and survey work.
Mr Gordham said: “Usually if a person required aerial footage they would need to hire an aerial photographer, a helicopter or plane and a pilot to fly it or else a scissor lift or cherry picker.
“Not only are aerial surveys much less expensive than hiring a plane or helicopter but they also eliminate health and safety risks associated with working at height. They are also quicker to deploy and much more manoeuvrable, allowing them to get closer to the action and capture more accurate shots.”
You may also want to watch:
The footage can be viewed from the ground in real time using a video downlink so that the pilot and the customer can see exactly what the is seeing.
Having received Civil Aviation Authority permission for aerial work, Sky Revolutions is now up and running.
- 1 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 2 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 6 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 7 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 8 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 9 Community pharmacy teams to offer free Covid-19 test kits
- 10 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
For more information, call 01778 560929 or visit www.skyrevolutions.co.uk.