Gibbs of Ely 5 High Street Ely Telephone: 01353 662113 GIBBS S premises has been a shoe shop for more than 100 years and was recently fully refurbished, allowing the shop more space for displays. Over the next few weeks the trained staff at the store w
Gibbs of Ely
5 High Street
Telephone: 01353 662113
You may also want to watch:
GIBBS'S premises has been a shoe shop for more than 100 years and was recently fully refurbished, allowing the shop more space for displays. Over the next few weeks the trained staff at the store will be providing expert fitting advice for hundreds of children going back to school.
Mr Gibb took over the shop more than 25 years ago, and it is now run by his daughter, Katie Gibb. Katie explained that she took over from her father and has been running the business for 12 years.
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Photos of the Week: Views along the river and sun-kissed skylines
"I'm the fifth generation to have taken over the business," she said.
"The family have been in retailing for about one hundred years - we started at the turn of the last century hand shoe-making."
"We pride ourselves that we cater for all members of the family and focus on good quality well-fitted shoes for children; the ranges include Clarke's, Startrite, Ricosta and are complemented by Seekers trainers from the United States."
Her full-time manager at the Ely shop for the past 10 years has been Trish Brown, who is assisted by one other full-time member of staff and three part-time staff.
For men, the top-quality range sold at Gibb's of Ely is the hand-made Barkers shoes.
Katie said: "For the mid-price range of shoes we stock Clarke's, Sketchers, Echo and Hotter for men and women.
"We also have Van Daal and Pikolinos for ladies and the Emotion range, which are for especially wide feet going up to a triple E."
Accessories include Radley handbags and several other handbag brands to complement their ladies' fashion shoes.
# Correction: We would like to point out that in last week's Shop Local we said that Littleport plumbing company Port Plumbing was based in Campbell Road, they are, in fact, in Camel Road. We apologise for the error.