Sharon vows to go for gold after striking silver standard
- Credit: Archant
A weight-loss expert from Littleport has won a sparkling silver award for the work she does in helping more than 100 people in the area to lose weight every week.
Sharon Heaps, who runs the Littleport Slimming World groups, has been given the ‘Silver’ status by the national slimming club because of her success in supporting local slimmers to reach their dream weight, improve their health and change their lives.
The accolade is awarded to Slimming World Consultants, who have 100 members or more in their group each week. It’s the first time Ms Heaps has been awarded the prize since becoming a Consultant in August 1997.
The Littleport groups have really put healthy weight losing an amazing 284 stone this year.
If she continues her success for a number of months, she’ll swap her Silver award for a Gold standard.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I’m over the moon to have become a Silver Consultant and now I’m going for Gold, although I feel like I’ve already struck gold - I have a fabulous job that I love and 100s of great friends in the members. I’m very lucky and I truly believe I have the best job in the world.”
Ms Heaps also runs a Littleport morning group Tuesdays at 9.30am and Swaffham Prior Thursdays at 5.30pm and 7pm. To join, either pop in or give her a call on 01353-861499.
- 1 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 2 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 3 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 4 'We have a duty to follow planning policies': Council's firm stance over pub's giant mug
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 7 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book