Retailer to open new store in Lancaster Way
- Credit: Archant
Retailer Screwfix will open a new store in Witchford next month.
The new branch will open on February 12 on the Lancaster Way Business Park and is set to create an additional 13 jobs.
Store manager Ben Cole said: “We’ve created 13 brand new vacancies and have employed local people from around the Ely area.
“Our new team includes people of all ages and levels of experience, but the most important requirement is that they have the right attitude and can offer superb customer service. Everyone here is really looking forward to the store opening.”
Tradesmen and members of the public are invited to attend the opening event on February 12, where they can also demonstrate their professional skills in a free-to-enter screw drilling competition.
You may also want to watch:
The fastest time will win a 40in Toshiba smart TV.
Throughout the store’s launch opening event, which runs from February 12-15, all product ranges will carry a 10 per cent discount.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 3 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 4 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
Mr Cole said: “I’m confident that we’ve got a great location here. My team and I have already been out and about getting to know local businesses and tradesmen and we’ve all been struck by how friendly everyone has been.”
Visit Screwfix’s store at: Unit 104, Lancaster Way Business Park, CB6 3NX, Monday to Friday 7am-8pm, Saturday 8am-6pm and Sunday 10am-4pm.