Retailer to open new store in Lancaster Way
- Credit: Archant
Retailer Screwfix will open a new store in Witchford next month.
The new branch will open on February 12 on the Lancaster Way Business Park and is set to create an additional 13 jobs.
Store manager Ben Cole said: “We’ve created 13 brand new vacancies and have employed local people from around the Ely area.
“Our new team includes people of all ages and levels of experience, but the most important requirement is that they have the right attitude and can offer superb customer service. Everyone here is really looking forward to the store opening.”
Tradesmen and members of the public are invited to attend the opening event on February 12, where they can also demonstrate their professional skills in a free-to-enter screw drilling competition.
The fastest time will win a 40in Toshiba smart TV.
Throughout the store’s launch opening event, which runs from February 12-15, all product ranges will carry a 10 per cent discount.
- 1 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 4 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 5 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 8 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 9 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 10 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
Mr Cole said: “I’m confident that we’ve got a great location here. My team and I have already been out and about getting to know local businesses and tradesmen and we’ve all been struck by how friendly everyone has been.”
Visit Screwfix’s store at: Unit 104, Lancaster Way Business Park, CB6 3NX, Monday to Friday 7am-8pm, Saturday 8am-6pm and Sunday 10am-4pm.