Rescue Plan For Ely Businesses In The Pipeline
RESCUE plans for Ely businesses are being drawn up by an alliance of city organisations. The City of Ely Perspective Group, which aims to foster prosperity and development, will meet on February 17 to launch a joint business venture aimed at attracting m
RESCUE plans for Ely businesses are being drawn up by an alliance of city organisations.
The City of Ely Perspective Group, which aims to foster prosperity and development, will meet on February 17 to launch a joint business venture aimed at attracting more visitors to the city and improving links between the riverside, cathedral and central areas.
Jeremy Tyrrell, of Ely Marine Ltd, and his colleague Bill Burford have been asked to bring their expertise to the table at the Sanctuary Hereward building on St Mary's Street. Arts organisation ADeC, members of the cathedral staff and tourism officers are expected to meet with the City of Ely Perspective group to thrash out a regeneration plan, aimed at attracting more foreign visitors to the city.
"There has never been a joined-up plan - but there are a lot of people doing good things, separately, in Ely at the moment. We are hoping to work out a way of getting people to come to the city, stay here for longer, and spend more money," said Mr Tyrrell.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: The meeting starts at 7.30pm. City of Ely Perspective at www.elyperspective.co.uk
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 8 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 9 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers
- 10 Green light for off-licence despite objections