Recruitment firm is proud sponsor of Business Person of the Year in the Ely Business Awards 2016
- Credit: Archant
So the question is who will follow in last year’s winner Steve Crook’s footsteps and pick up this prestigious accolade?
Labour-tech Recruitment have been filling vacancies and helping people get back into work throughout East Anglia since 2001.
We’ve earned a valuable reputation by placing candidates that are not only a fit for a particular company or organisation.
As a result, our valued clients return to us time and time again as we consistently provide them with highly motivated, reliable and capable staff.
We have a comprehensive range of specialist recruitment solutions to choose from, offering scalable packages that cater for all aspects of the recruitment process, from search and selection to placement and HR.
So, if it’s temporary, permanent, contract, or apprenticeship positions you’re wishing to fill, our award-winning agency has everything covered.
Last year the judges said they were impressed by all the finalists in this category. However, they agreed that Steve Crook is exceptional – a true entrepreneur and was a worthy winner.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 4 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 5 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 6 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 10 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
Steve has a passion for waste. He started Ellgia three years ago and in this time the business has more than doubled in size and turnover enabling Steve to employ 125 people across three sites.
Steve keeps a very close eye on all aspects of the business and makes excellent use of modern technology to ensure his customers receive the best possible waste recycling service. Although Steve dropped into waste by chance he’s all set to take waste to another level.
Steve spoke about his experiences of the business awards when he was a keynote speaker at the Ely Business Awards networking event a fortnight ago.
He said he would have happy to win one award but was delighted with the success of Ellgia, which won four awards in all including Business of the Year.
He said participating in the awards had helped on many levels and that inquiries had come as a direct result of the awards.
The Business Person of the Year category is open to individuals who may nominate themselves or be nominated by their employers or colleagues.
The judges will be looking for a business owner or manager who has made an outstanding contribution to the success or survival of the company.
Name, position and outline of responsibilities
Detail of business its activities, market-place and scale of operations
What have been the entrant’s outstanding contributions both financial and operational to the businesses success?
Entry to the awards is FREE and the deadline for entries is 5pm Thursday July 21.
To enter or to find out more visit the website: www.elybusinessawards.co.uk
See below for the full list of categories, and the criteria for entries.