Ready to feed the 4,000. . .
IT S been full steam ahead at Ely s Cutter Inn since Jo Drain and Steve Haslam took over last summer. In just four months they have served more than 22,000 customers in their new restaurant alone, with others sitting down to eat in the Captain s Lounge or
IT'S been full steam ahead at Ely's Cutter Inn since Jo Drain and Steve Haslam took over last summer.
In just four months they have served more than 22,000 customers in their new restaurant alone, with others sitting down to eat in the Captain's Lounge or in good weather on the outside terrace overlooking the river.
The pub, which is open every day from 11am to 11pm, serves traditional pub food offering "five star quality at three star prices".
Four thousand customers are booked in for Christmas parties over 24 days and a new wine menu has just been introduced for the festive season.
You may also want to watch:
"We are getting very booked up," said Jo.
"Customers are booking three weeks in advance if they want to eat on a Saturday night or Sunday lunchtime.
- 1 BBC camera crews hosted by Ely Business Park during Boat Race
- 2 Wildlife-loving boy, 9, saves six abandoned ducklings
- 3 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
- 4 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 5 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 6 Bodybuilding world champion raises £540 ahead of charity beauty pageant
- 7 'We plotted our downfall' admits boss after five-goal cup thriller
- 8 Artist's poignant painting in memory of HRH Prince Philip
- 9 Charity chief executive raises £646 by running 252 miles in 71 days
- 10 Letters: Bishop's prayer, bell salute, litter problems and search for family
"We offer all the favourites, such as fish and chips and steak and ale pie, but there are also some really nice steaks on the menu. We are listening to our customers to find out what they want."
In the bar, customers can enjoy a range of real ales which are changed every four to six weeks, following consultation with the regulars, to offer variety.
Customers can eat at the pub from midday, with last orders at around 9pm, during the week and 10pm on Friday and Saturday evenings.
INFO: Contact: Tel: 01353 662713. Fax: 01353 663322.