Ready to feed the 4,000. . .
IT S been full steam ahead at Ely s Cutter Inn since Jo Drain and Steve Haslam took over last summer. In just four months they have served more than 22,000 customers in their new restaurant alone, with others sitting down to eat in the Captain s Lounge or
IT'S been full steam ahead at Ely's Cutter Inn since Jo Drain and Steve Haslam took over last summer.
In just four months they have served more than 22,000 customers in their new restaurant alone, with others sitting down to eat in the Captain's Lounge or in good weather on the outside terrace overlooking the river.
The pub, which is open every day from 11am to 11pm, serves traditional pub food offering "five star quality at three star prices".
Four thousand customers are booked in for Christmas parties over 24 days and a new wine menu has just been introduced for the festive season.
You may also want to watch:
"We are getting very booked up," said Jo.
"Customers are booking three weeks in advance if they want to eat on a Saturday night or Sunday lunchtime.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 4 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 9 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 10 Open air theatre is back in Ely this weekend
"We offer all the favourites, such as fish and chips and steak and ale pie, but there are also some really nice steaks on the menu. We are listening to our customers to find out what they want."
In the bar, customers can enjoy a range of real ales which are changed every four to six weeks, following consultation with the regulars, to offer variety.
Customers can eat at the pub from midday, with last orders at around 9pm, during the week and 10pm on Friday and Saturday evenings.
INFO: Contact: Tel: 01353 662713. Fax: 01353 663322.