Quotient does the double and retains Business of the Year crown at 2012 East Cambs Business Awards
QUOTIENT Bioresearch won a hat-trick of awards last night at the Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards - and retained the title of Business of the Year.
The company, based in Fordham, which provides early stage and specialist drug development services to life science clients worldwide, took home the Employer of the Year crown, which is also won in 2011.
Michael van der Merwe, Quotient’s associate director of business development, won the Business Person of the Year award.
A successful night for Quotient was topped off with the company becoming the first to win the Business of the Year award title for a second time.
The judges of this year’s awards, who includes sponsors and members of Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce, said: “The award for business of the year is, by its very definition only awarded to the very best.
You may also want to watch:
“All of the judges that met the team at Quotient were extremely impressed with the clarity of vision that the company possesses.
“It truly is an outstanding local company and is a worthy winner of this year’s award.”
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust
- 10 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
More than 150 people gathered at the Lady, at Ely Cathedral, last night for the awards.
Guests, including finalists, sponsors and council dignitaries, arrived to a champagne reception and enjoyed a three-course reception before the awards, which were hosted by Mark Peters, managing director of Star Radio.
To discover who won the other nine awards, follow the Related Links at the top of this page.