Quotient does the double and retains Business of the Year crown at 2012 East Cambs Business Awards
QUOTIENT Bioresearch won a hat-trick of awards last night at the Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards - and retained the title of Business of the Year.
The company, based in Fordham, which provides early stage and specialist drug development services to life science clients worldwide, took home the Employer of the Year crown, which is also won in 2011.
Michael van der Merwe, Quotient’s associate director of business development, won the Business Person of the Year award.
A successful night for Quotient was topped off with the company becoming the first to win the Business of the Year award title for a second time.
The judges of this year’s awards, who includes sponsors and members of Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce, said: “The award for business of the year is, by its very definition only awarded to the very best.
“All of the judges that met the team at Quotient were extremely impressed with the clarity of vision that the company possesses.
“It truly is an outstanding local company and is a worthy winner of this year’s award.”
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 8 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
More than 150 people gathered at the Lady, at Ely Cathedral, last night for the awards.
Guests, including finalists, sponsors and council dignitaries, arrived to a champagne reception and enjoyed a three-course reception before the awards, which were hosted by Mark Peters, managing director of Star Radio.
To discover who won the other nine awards, follow the Related Links at the top of this page.