Popular tapas bar enters second set of plans for proposed Ely venue
- Credit: Archant
A popular tapas and cocktail bar that is set to take over the running of The Maltings restaurant in Ely has entered a second round of plans for its new premises.
The Maltings restaurant and bar, in Ship Lane, had previously been operated by Compass Group but came in for much criticism from locals and councillors alike for its limited opening hours, which saw it closed throughout the entire winter.
Compass gave up tenancy of the restaurant and back in July, Ta Bouche entered a planning application to East Cambridgeshire District Council for a set of new advertising signs at the venue.
And, this week, owners of Ta Bouche submitted a second set of plans, requesting permission for a new extraction system, outdoor play equipment, seating and decking.
The company is also seeking permission for a new entrance, alterations to the layout and toilet area.
You may also want to watch:
La Raza opened its doors in Rose Crescent, Cambridge, in 2003 and has become a permanent and popular fixture in the city, a winning formula the firm is hoping to transfer to Ely.
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 6 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos