Popular tapas bar enters second set of plans for proposed Ely venue
- Credit: Archant
A popular tapas and cocktail bar that is set to take over the running of The Maltings restaurant in Ely has entered a second round of plans for its new premises.
The Maltings restaurant and bar, in Ship Lane, had previously been operated by Compass Group but came in for much criticism from locals and councillors alike for its limited opening hours, which saw it closed throughout the entire winter.
Compass gave up tenancy of the restaurant and back in July, Ta Bouche entered a planning application to East Cambridgeshire District Council for a set of new advertising signs at the venue.
And, this week, owners of Ta Bouche submitted a second set of plans, requesting permission for a new extraction system, outdoor play equipment, seating and decking.
The company is also seeking permission for a new entrance, alterations to the layout and toilet area.
La Raza opened its doors in Rose Crescent, Cambridge, in 2003 and has become a permanent and popular fixture in the city, a winning formula the firm is hoping to transfer to Ely.
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 Father accused of baby's murder claimed she had hit her head in car
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim