Popular tapas bar enters second set of plans for proposed Ely venue
- Credit: Archant
A popular tapas and cocktail bar that is set to take over the running of The Maltings restaurant in Ely has entered a second round of plans for its new premises.
The Maltings restaurant and bar, in Ship Lane, had previously been operated by Compass Group but came in for much criticism from locals and councillors alike for its limited opening hours, which saw it closed throughout the entire winter.
Compass gave up tenancy of the restaurant and back in July, Ta Bouche entered a planning application to East Cambridgeshire District Council for a set of new advertising signs at the venue.
And, this week, owners of Ta Bouche submitted a second set of plans, requesting permission for a new extraction system, outdoor play equipment, seating and decking.
The company is also seeking permission for a new entrance, alterations to the layout and toilet area.
You may also want to watch:
La Raza opened its doors in Rose Crescent, Cambridge, in 2003 and has become a permanent and popular fixture in the city, a winning formula the firm is hoping to transfer to Ely.
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 3 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 4 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 Grants available for organisations in Ely