Plans for new training centre submitted to council
- Credit: Archant
A major packaging firm has applied for permission to build a marketing and training centre in East Cambridgeshire.
DS Smith has submitted plans to East Cambridgeshire District Council to build the centre on the site of its business in Fordham.
Architects acting for the company said: “DS Smith employs a large number of local people and it is hoped that the proposal will continue to raise the profile of the site and other local DS Smith sites situated at Burwell, Ely and beyond, thus maintaining and potentially increasing employment.
“The primary use of the proposed building is to provide a new purpose-built stand-alone marketing and training centre within the existing site.
“The proposed marketing and training centre will allow DS Smith to maintain the skill sets of its employees. Alongside this role, it is intended that the proposed building will also provide a dedicated room for customer meetings, as well as office space for the marketing team, along with ancillary WC and kitchen space.”
You may also want to watch:
DS Smith was founded as a small family concern in London in the 1940s but has grown to be a major international player, with more than 20,000 employees across 25 countries, including in Fordham, Burwell and Queen Adelaide.
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 8 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 9 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer