Orchid’s training programme blooms
BLACK Orchid Marketing, based in Fordham, has announced the launch of its graduate training programme. Mick Tickner, from Soham, fought off strong competition to become the first candidate to be accepted onto the new programme. During the intensive 12-we
BLACK Orchid Marketing, based in Fordham, has announced the launch of its graduate training programme.
Mick Tickner, from Soham, fought off strong competition to become the first candidate to be accepted onto the new programme. During the intensive 12-week programme, Mick will learn not just the theory but also the practice of marketing.
The programme, which will be offered twice a year to the region's graduates, will cover classic marketing activity including advertising, public relations, web and e-marketing, exhibitions and events management, marketing strategy and effective use of graphic design.
"It is a tremendous opportunity for me to be involved in the work of a successful marketing company," said Mick who is 24.
You may also want to watch:
"This will give me the knowledge and experience I need to forge a career in this exciting field."
Black Orchid's managing director, Sarah Dowd, said: "We are delighted to have found such a high calibre candidate to become the first Black Orchid graduate trainee. Our company believes in the importance of helping to develop the regionís skills base, and our graduate programme will help bring on the next generation of marketing professionals. Hands-on learning is by far the best way."
- 1 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 2 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 7 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 8 Photographer Dan flies high after winning national competition
- 9 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 10 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
Since its launch in January 2006, Black Orchid Marketing has won contracts from prestigious local clients including, the East of England Development Agency and The National Trust as well as securing work from as far afield as Canada.