Orchid’s training programme blooms
BLACK Orchid Marketing, based in Fordham, has announced the launch of its graduate training programme. Mick Tickner, from Soham, fought off strong competition to become the first candidate to be accepted onto the new programme. During the intensive 12-we
BLACK Orchid Marketing, based in Fordham, has announced the launch of its graduate training programme.
Mick Tickner, from Soham, fought off strong competition to become the first candidate to be accepted onto the new programme. During the intensive 12-week programme, Mick will learn not just the theory but also the practice of marketing.
The programme, which will be offered twice a year to the region's graduates, will cover classic marketing activity including advertising, public relations, web and e-marketing, exhibitions and events management, marketing strategy and effective use of graphic design.
"It is a tremendous opportunity for me to be involved in the work of a successful marketing company," said Mick who is 24.
"This will give me the knowledge and experience I need to forge a career in this exciting field."
Black Orchid's managing director, Sarah Dowd, said: "We are delighted to have found such a high calibre candidate to become the first Black Orchid graduate trainee. Our company believes in the importance of helping to develop the regionís skills base, and our graduate programme will help bring on the next generation of marketing professionals. Hands-on learning is by far the best way."
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 3 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 4 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 5 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 6 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 7 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 8 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 9 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 10 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
Since its launch in January 2006, Black Orchid Marketing has won contracts from prestigious local clients including, the East of England Development Agency and The National Trust as well as securing work from as far afield as Canada.