Online award for Little Downham guest house
- Credit: Archant
A GUEST house in Little Downham has been awarded a certificate of excellence from influential travel website TripAdvisor.
Bury House, in Main Street, received the accolade because it managed to maintain an overall rating on the website of four stars or higher, out of a possible five, for at least a year.
The ratings are awarded by people who have visited the guest house and left their thoughts and judgements online.
On average only the top-performing 10 per cent of businesses listed on the website receive the award.
Owner Emma Beeney said: “We strive to offer our customers a memorable experience, and this accolade is evidence that our hard work is translating into positive reviews.”
You may also want to watch:
WHAT HER CUSTOMERS WROTE
“We stayed in the largest room which has a lovely high beamed ceiling (mind your head) and was spotlessly clean and the bed very comfortable. The breakfasts were delicious”
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 3 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 7 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 10 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
“Our one night stay at Bury House was the BEST b&b we have ever stayed in.
“Emma is such a nice lady and made us very very welcome.”
“The bathroom was stocked with soaps, shampoos, moisturisers, shaving cream, beautiful soft towels and even hairspray. It was luxury”.
“The house has a wonderful history and our room was spotlessly clean, cosy and spacious and very well appointed”.
“Emma is a natural hostess”.
“Emma and Rob were so welcoming and helpful. Our cases were taken to our room. Could not have asked for more. Thank you Emma and Rob for your kindness. We will be back.”