Dogs can improve their fitness and gain confidence at new therapy centre in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
A therapy centre to support dogs recovering from injuries that has a water treadmill – and even a heated hydrotherapy pool – has opened in Littleport.
The SP K9 Therapy centre helps sporting and working pooches improve their mobility, achieve fitness and weight loss goals, gain confidence on water and have fun.
It opened October 1 at the business park in Oak Lane and has a qualified team that offer a combination of hydrotherapy, pre and post-operative physiotherapy and rehabilitation programmes.
SP K9 Therapy is run by local canine therapist Steph Pratley, who wanted to make a difference to the life of dogs after finishing her animal therapy degree.
Steph is also an enthusiastic member of a local flyball team, and is often travelling around the UK to agility and flyball competitions with her very dedicated terriers by her side.
You may also want to watch:
Steph said: "It has been a long process to get to this point and a lot of hard work with all the renovation and building work required in order to transform the facility into what you see today."
Visit www.spk9therapy.co.uk or call 07568 099127 for more information.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 5 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 10 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops