New Business Park for Littleport
“This is an important development which will create about 190 new jobs and accords with the Government’s recently published National Planning Policy Framework and the Littleport Masterplan.”
A PLANNING application has been drawn up for a new �3 million business park in Littleport. The Littleport Business Park development, proposed by local businessman Jonathan James and his wife, Rebecca, is on a three-acre site adjoining the award-winning Wisbech Road BP/spar forecourt on the A10.
The business park will provide 3,500 sq metre of high quality B1 business space across 12 sustainable units, with dedicated bicycle and car parking in a landscaped setting. Features of the development include solar panels, sustainable building materials, low energy lighting and buildings designed to maximise energy efficiency.
The development will be seamlessly integrated with the existing forecourt and convenience store. New planting will provide a continuous green buffer along the A10. The buildings and external space shall aspire to the highest levels of sustainability, focusing inwardly, across landscaped courtyards that will provide high specification, yet intimate break-out spaces for business use, combined with areas for relaxation; ultimately creating a highly attractive setting and year-round working environment that can be enjoyed by all.
East Cambridgeshire District Council’s has welcomed the proposal to create additional employment floor space to meet the needs of the district.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan James said: “This is an important development which will create about 190 new jobs and accords with the Government’s recently published National Planning Policy Framework and the Littleport Masterplan.”
A planning application will be submitted to East Cambridgeshire District Council in the next few weeks.
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 3 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 6 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 7 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 8 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 9 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 10 Green light for off-licence despite objections