New Business Is No Mean Feet
“I knew that with an ageing population and the growth of illnesses such as diabetes there was an ever greater need for foot health professionals,” said Susan.
AN Ely woman bounced back from redundancy to set up her own business treating people with foot health problems.
Susan Murray, of Prickwillow Road, Ely, lost her job with the closure of Cambridgeshire Enterprise Services in 2009 and decided on a complete career change.
“I knew that with an ageing population and the growth of illnesses such as diabetes there was an ever greater need for foot health professionals”, she told the Ely Standard.
For the past 18 months Susan has been studying and undergoing professional training to become a foot health practitioner.
You may also want to watch:
“I undertake treatments from simple nail trimming, reduction of bulky nails and removing corns, through to diabetic foot assessment. I give advice on day to day foot care to ensure your feet are well kept into old age. As people are living longer more care is required to keep them comfortable.”
Susan is working from her home-based surgery which is within walking distance of the city centre. She explains: “I have converted a ground-floor room in my house to provide a warm, easily accessible and comfortable environment for my patients and am lucky to have a convenient location with parking available.”
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 6 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 7 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 8 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
INFO: To find out more visit Susan’s website at www.susanmurray-foothealth.co.uk or phone 01353 610494.