New Business Is No Mean Feet
“I knew that with an ageing population and the growth of illnesses such as diabetes there was an ever greater need for foot health professionals,” said Susan.
AN Ely woman bounced back from redundancy to set up her own business treating people with foot health problems.
Susan Murray, of Prickwillow Road, Ely, lost her job with the closure of Cambridgeshire Enterprise Services in 2009 and decided on a complete career change.
“I knew that with an ageing population and the growth of illnesses such as diabetes there was an ever greater need for foot health professionals”, she told the Ely Standard.
For the past 18 months Susan has been studying and undergoing professional training to become a foot health practitioner.
You may also want to watch:
“I undertake treatments from simple nail trimming, reduction of bulky nails and removing corns, through to diabetic foot assessment. I give advice on day to day foot care to ensure your feet are well kept into old age. As people are living longer more care is required to keep them comfortable.”
Susan is working from her home-based surgery which is within walking distance of the city centre. She explains: “I have converted a ground-floor room in my house to provide a warm, easily accessible and comfortable environment for my patients and am lucky to have a convenient location with parking available.”
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Councillor shares 'perfect' vaccine experience to encourage others
- 8 Police increase patrols after reports of criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
INFO: To find out more visit Susan’s website at www.susanmurray-foothealth.co.uk or phone 01353 610494.