New Business Centre and IT Suite For Littleport
YOUNG People Littleport (YPL) opened its new computer suite at the Granby Business Centre in Granby Street last week. There are now 10 computers at YPL, all with Broadband Internet access, Microsoft Office and printing facilities and all are available for
YOUNG People Littleport (YPL) opened its new computer suite at the Granby Business Centre in Granby Street last week. There are now 10 computers at YPL, all with Broadband Internet access, Microsoft Office and printing facilities and all are available for people to use when they would like to.
The computer facility has been achieved through the successful application of �8,612 from the Big Lottery Fund and will enrich the whole community.
YPL assists and helps develop people in the community, regardless of age and disabilities by providing informal educational opportunities and leisure activities to develop mental, physical, social and spiritual needs.
Spokesperson Chrissy Dennison said: "The courses have been extremely popular at the centre and the learners have been very positive about the lessons. The centre is a wonderful facility for Littleport and it enables us to offer free courses to people who might not otherwise have been able to do them."
You may also want to watch:
3958: Stephen Barclay, prospective Parliamentary Conservative candidate for North East Cambridgeshire, officially opens the computer room at YPL, watched by outgoing MP Malcolm Moss, trustees Trevor Wibrow and Steven Layne, development worker Siobhan Branagh, town crier Avril Hater Smith and Phil Malkin of YPL.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 7 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 8 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
- 9 Book tickets for brewery’s summer jazz party
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment