New Business Centre and IT Suite For Littleport
YOUNG People Littleport (YPL) opened its new computer suite at the Granby Business Centre in Granby Street last week. There are now 10 computers at YPL, all with Broadband Internet access, Microsoft Office and printing facilities and all are available for
YOUNG People Littleport (YPL) opened its new computer suite at the Granby Business Centre in Granby Street last week. There are now 10 computers at YPL, all with Broadband Internet access, Microsoft Office and printing facilities and all are available for people to use when they would like to.
The computer facility has been achieved through the successful application of �8,612 from the Big Lottery Fund and will enrich the whole community.
YPL assists and helps develop people in the community, regardless of age and disabilities by providing informal educational opportunities and leisure activities to develop mental, physical, social and spiritual needs.
Spokesperson Chrissy Dennison said: "The courses have been extremely popular at the centre and the learners have been very positive about the lessons. The centre is a wonderful facility for Littleport and it enables us to offer free courses to people who might not otherwise have been able to do them."
You may also want to watch:
3958: Stephen Barclay, prospective Parliamentary Conservative candidate for North East Cambridgeshire, officially opens the computer room at YPL, watched by outgoing MP Malcolm Moss, trustees Trevor Wibrow and Steven Layne, development worker Siobhan Branagh, town crier Avril Hater Smith and Phil Malkin of YPL.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE
- 1 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 2 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 5 Theatre group stream panto online for those who missed it due to lockdown
- 6 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 9 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’
- 10 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow