New Argos digital store at Sainsbury’s Ely to replace High Street branch
- Credit: Archant
A new Argos digital store is to open inside Sainsbury’s Ely supermarket, replacing the city’s High Street branch.
The move comes after the supermarket chain bought Home Retail, of which Argos is a part of. Staff from the High Street store will be transferred across to the new store, according to head of property communications at Sainsbury’s, David Mills.
The new store will offer thousands of products for immediate pick-up, with 20,000 available to order to collection in store.
There will also an eBay collection point so buyers can collect their online buys.
Graeme Speke, manager at Sainsbury’s Ely store said: “Sainsbury’s has been a part of the local community for a number of years and we are really thrilled to welcome Argos and its team to our store.
You may also want to watch:
“The new shop is great for customers, who are looking for easier, more convenient ways to shop. We’re looking forward to feedback from customers about the increased range and offer.”
The new store will open at Lisle Lane in early May.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound