New Argos digital store at Sainsbury’s Ely to replace High Street branch
- Credit: Archant
A new Argos digital store is to open inside Sainsbury’s Ely supermarket, replacing the city’s High Street branch.
The move comes after the supermarket chain bought Home Retail, of which Argos is a part of. Staff from the High Street store will be transferred across to the new store, according to head of property communications at Sainsbury’s, David Mills.
The new store will offer thousands of products for immediate pick-up, with 20,000 available to order to collection in store.
There will also an eBay collection point so buyers can collect their online buys.
Graeme Speke, manager at Sainsbury’s Ely store said: “Sainsbury’s has been a part of the local community for a number of years and we are really thrilled to welcome Argos and its team to our store.
You may also want to watch:
“The new shop is great for customers, who are looking for easier, more convenient ways to shop. We’re looking forward to feedback from customers about the increased range and offer.”
The new store will open at Lisle Lane in early May.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air