New Argos digital store at Sainsbury’s Ely to replace High Street branch
- Credit: Archant
A new Argos digital store is to open inside Sainsbury’s Ely supermarket, replacing the city’s High Street branch.
The move comes after the supermarket chain bought Home Retail, of which Argos is a part of. Staff from the High Street store will be transferred across to the new store, according to head of property communications at Sainsbury’s, David Mills.
The new store will offer thousands of products for immediate pick-up, with 20,000 available to order to collection in store.
There will also an eBay collection point so buyers can collect their online buys.
Graeme Speke, manager at Sainsbury’s Ely store said: “Sainsbury’s has been a part of the local community for a number of years and we are really thrilled to welcome Argos and its team to our store.
You may also want to watch:
“The new shop is great for customers, who are looking for easier, more convenient ways to shop. We’re looking forward to feedback from customers about the increased range and offer.”
The new store will open at Lisle Lane in early May.
- 1 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 2 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 5 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 6 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 7 McDonald’s helps litter pickers in mission to clean up county
- 8 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 9 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 10 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts